Matrix-6 Polyphony

Matrix-6 Polyphony
When you strike one key on the Matrix-6, you will notice one dot or "period" light up on the display.  If you strike two keys, then you should see 2 dots or "periods" on the display.  Currently, if I strike one key, then the display shows two dots or "periods".  This is literally cutting my polyphony down to three notes instead of 6 notes.  Does anyone have an idea of what would cause this?  It has effected every patch.  I have calibrated and that did not solve the problem.

Daniel Forró

Overlapping zones in Split Mode (Double mode)? Read Manual page 21 and 74...

On Jun 13, 2022, at 9:37, Polish Prince <rich@...> wrote:

Matrix-6 Polyphony
When you strike one key on the Matrix-6, you will notice one dot or "period" light up on the display.  If you strike two keys, then you should see 2 dots or "periods" on the display.  Currently, if I strike one key, then the display shows two dots or "periods".  This is literally cutting my polyphony down to three notes instead of 6 notes.  Does anyone have an idea of what would cause this?  It has effected every patch.  I have calibrated and that did not solve the problem.

Nicole Massey

Is this a keyboard matrix 6, set up in a MIDI rig? If so and local is still on, it may be playing a note and also receiving a note, which would do that. Does it do that when under a sequencer, or is it just when you play the keyboard on the Matrix 6?
Nicole

-----Original Message-----
From: Oberheim@groups.io [mailto:Oberheim@groups.io] On Behalf Of Polish Prince
Sent: Sunday, June 12, 2022 7:38 PM
To: Oberheim@groups.io
Subject: [Oberheim] Matrix-6 Polyphony

Matrix-6 Polyphony
When you strike one key on the Matrix-6, you will notice one dot or "period" light up on the display. If you strike two keys, then you should see 2 dots or "periods" on the display. Currently, if I strike one key, then the display shows two dots or "periods". This is literally cutting my polyphony down to three notes instead of 6 notes. Does anyone have an idea of what would cause this? It has effected every patch. I have calibrated and that did not solve the problem.

Thanks Daniel and Nicole.  I had both Midi-OX and Midi Quest open at the same time.  Once I shut them down, all is normal.  So, yes Nicole, it looks like I was sending and receiving notes at the same time.  Thanks for the help!