File /PortableRXingAwardsProgram.pdf uploaded #file-notice
OZSOTA@groups.io Notification <noreply@...>
The following files have been uploaded to the Files area of the OZSOTA@groups.io group.
By: Paul Blundell <tanger32au@...>
Portable Radio RXing is an awards program for anybody interested in the radio hobby, which encourages portable operation in parks and similar areas.
Portable Radio RXing has been designed to make participation possible for anybody interested in the radio hobby. The rules are very simple, and the awards have been designed to be achievable. The purpose is to encourage portable operation in parks and other similar locations, making the radio hobby more public and allow radio hobbyists to enjoy the great outdoors.
How do I start?
Get out in a local park with your radios and log what you hear, it really is that simple. A log file is available for download on this site.
These rules are simple and have been designed to enhance the enjoyment of this awards program and ensure fairness.
1) All Portable Radio RXing activity must take part in a public park, lookout, beach, mountain top or other such public location. All equipment must be portable and carried by the participant to their operating location.
2) No Portable Radio RXing activity is permitted on private property for award purposes.
3) 5/10/15 rule:
- You must walk a minimum of 5 metres from any motorised mode of transport for a valid Portable Radio RXing activity.
- You must log a minimum of 10 frequencies for a valid Portable Radio RXing activity.
- You must remain in your location for a minimum of 15 minutes for a valid Portable Radio RXing activity.
4) All frequencies must carry voice traffic. Data / paging frequencies are not permitted for award purposes.
5) All HF/VHF/UHF frequency bands are all permitted for award purposes.
6) Each location may only be counted once in a 48 hour period for award purposes.
7) Each frequency may only be counted once per location per Portable Radio RXing activity.
8) All decisions of the Portable Radio RXing administrator are final
Each activity counts for 1 point, bonus points are awarded for the first Portable Radio RXing activity at each location (to encourage Portable Radio RXing activity from different locations.) This adds 5 points to your tally.
Below is an example of a valid log.
Certificates will be emailed to all participants on the receipt of a valid log for the achievement levels below:
|1 - 2 of 2|