VK1/AC-037Mt Taylor - Morning out #sotaactivationplans

Bill VK1MCW

Please note – my first email has been deleted (by me)  and replaced with the correct Summit Reference ……. VK1/AC-037      (not 040)…

From: OZSOTA@groups.io <OZSOTA@groups.io> On Behalf Of Andrew via groups.io
Sent: Friday, 12 March 2021 7:25 PM
To: OZSOTA@groups.io
Subject: Re: [OZSOTA] VK1/AC-037 Mt Taylor - Morning out #sotaactivationplans

Bob the builder, VK2BYF is doing a park tomorrow. Kangaroo River. Listen out for him. He'll probably still be there when you are activating.

On Friday, 12 March 2021, 3:22:18 pm AEDT, Bill VK1MCW <bill.vk1mcw@...> wrote:

Alert posted for tomorrow (Saturday)  morning ( approx 10am AEDT/2300UTC) -  I almost decided to not bother as at time of posting my alert there were no other local ( VK ) alerts....... - is something else on  the AR calendar this weekend?   I will probably work the roll-over for any keen chasers. SSB is always an option especially should S2S opportunities arise....

Anyone else heading out this weekend? :)
--
73

Bill VK1MCW

--
73

Bill VK1MCW

Ronald Cook

Hi Bill,

Spent 45 minutes listening to hash.  Bit quieter today, S7.  I did hear you call CQ SOTA on 7032 at 339 and dropped my call but heard zip from you for several minutes offer that and at lower strength

I'm off to stare at my tomatoes plants.

73
Ron
VK3AFW

On Fri, 12 Mar 2021, 7:56 pm Bill VK1MCW, <bill.vk1mcw@...> wrote:

[...]

I got your reply Ron -  and I gave you 559... A fickle thing is radio!! Don't eat too many  tomatoes.... not good for the arthritis!
:)

Bill
VK1MCW

Ronald Cook

Thanks Bill,
Sorry I did not hear it.  It would have been my first CW QSO in a month if we had completed.

I was hoping to embarass the green tomatoes into changing color.  The acid in the tomatoes can be ameliorated by dilution in alcohol.
Also cucumber, kale and tomato sandwiches are neutral.

73
Ron
VK3AFW