Activation alert for Wednesday 12th Feb at 0000UTC #sotaactivationplans

Tim Price G4YBU <tim@...>

I’m planning an activation for this Wednesday of Knuckle Hill ZL3/TM-265. I’ll use preferred frequencies if clear of 7.032, 10.119, 14.062 for cw and 7.090, 14.310 for ssb. Please listen out for me and spot me if you hear me as I may not have phone sigs. TU de Tim ZL/G4YBU

Compton

Hi Tim,
Good chance I will be on a summit in N NSW (VK2) on Wed AM. I'll look out for you as a S2S would be nice, though I have been listening out on spots for the ZL crew have had up for the last few week and I rarely hear anythng. I'm SSB only. Hopefully I can get my alert up tonight.
--
Compton
VK2HRX

Tim Price G4YBU <tim@...>

Hi Compton,
Thanks, we’ll have to try and make that work!
How much power will you be running?
I’ll be QRP with 5w. 20m would be the best band to VK2 I would think. I’ll take my RF speech clipper microphone as it gives a few extra dB of talk-power.
Failing that are you ok with QRSS CW, just for the callsign and report exchange?
Are you likely to be postIng spot updates - if I can get on the internet I’ll look out for your alert and spots.
Fingers crossed!
73 Tim G4YBU

On 10 Feb 2020, at 19:53, Compton <comptonallen@...> wrote:

Hi Tim,
Good chance I will be on a summit in N NSW (VK2) on Wed AM. I'll look out for you as a S2S would be nice, though I have been listening out on spots for the ZL crew have had up for the last few week and I rarely hear anythng. I'm SSB only. Hopefully I can get my alert up tonight.
--
Compton
VK2HRX

Compton

Tim,
I'll have an FT 857D so 100W with an 80/40/20 dipole. I'll also have VK2KXN with me, hopefully he remembers CW from when he did the test last century, so he can be the CW receiver. .
Hopefully I can spot. I'll be on Bowra Sugarloaf, VK2/MN-023.

Compton
VK2HRX

VK1MA Matt

Hi Tim, will be in roughly the same area, but probably not going to be able to work you as I think we are going to be canoeing around the Abel Tasman on Wednesday. Will have the 2m HT with me, but not holding much hope of finding a path your way.

ZL/VK1MA

I’m planning an activation for this Wednesday of Knuckle Hill ZL3/TM-265. I’ll use preferred frequencies if clear of 7.032, 10.119, 14.062 for cw and 7.090, 14.310 for ssb. Please listen out for me and spot me if you hear me as I may not have phone sigs. TU de Tim ZL/G4YBU

Tim Price G4YBU <tim@...>

Hi Matt,
Great, were overnighting in Takaka if you’re in the area?
I’ll take my 2m antenna and we can try. Will you be monitoring 146.500? There’s a repeater up there I think which might be a good way to establish initial contact.
73 Tim ZL/G4YBU

On 11 Feb 2020, at 00:04, VK1MA Matt <doormatt@...> wrote:

Hi Tim, will be in roughly the same area, but probably not going to be able to work you as I think we are going to be canoeing around the Abel Tasman on Wednesday. Will have the 2m HT with me, but not holding much hope of finding a path your way.

ZL/VK1MA

I’m planning an activation for this Wednesday of Knuckle Hill ZL3/TM-265. I’ll use preferred frequencies if clear of 7.032, 10.119, 14.062 for cw and 7.090, 14.310 for ssb. Please listen out for me and spot me if you hear me as I may not have phone sigs. TU de Tim ZL/G4YBU

VK1MA Matt

Hi Tim, whilst kind of close I am down in Kaiteriteri – will be walking and kayaking between roughly 0830 to about 1600 and looking at path profiles, pretty much a zero chance of getting through with 2m HTs (and will not have HF with me). Still, I will have the HT with me on 146.500 when in a position to break it out – you never know we might just jag it.

Matt

ZL/VK1MA