Topics

FOR SALE: STEAM & EARLY DIESEL ERA ITEMS

pletchermail@...

Gentlemen,

It was difficult to arrive at an asking price for most of these items. If you think something is out of line, I will consider offers.

Shipping is additional. Prefer payment by PayPal but will accept a money order, or personal check with shipment held until check clears.

Regards,
Jeff Pletcher
Centennial, CO
pletchermail@...

Max Gray brass #125 32' Box Trailer.   $40
One of my early hand-brushed paint jobs, you will probably want to at least touch up, maybe redecorate.
DSC_0934.JPG
If you redecorate and stick with MoPac prototype, I have two different decal sets for $5 each, or both for $8:
DSC_0700.JPG

Lionel #6827-100 Harnischfeger Power Shovel.   $35
Like-new condition, has only been out of the box for inspection. Disassembled as it comes from manuf., easy assembly. Plastic. Includes instructions and information booklet on prototype.
DSC_0074.JPG

Quality Craft (their #527?) built-up covered hopper kit, PRR. Has been run very little.      $25
Kadee couplers, Athearn plastic sprung trucks. Painted Scalecoat MofW Grey. I substituted sturdier plastic corner posts & end braces for the flimsy wooden ones included in the kit.
 DSC_0073.JPG

Atlas #6203 L&N boxcar. Modified as explained below. Has been run very little.        $25
I "back-dated" this car by spray-painting over the Atlas factory decoration (with All-Nation L&N Blue) and relettering with Walthers "Old Reliable" decals. Added weight, Atlas scale wheels, & Atlas operating couplers (car was purchased as tinplate). I also removed the excess plastic on the pins where the ladders attach to the car so that they lie more realistically closer to the car sides and ends.
DSC_0062.JPG

All-Nation #3620 built-up caboose kit. Has been run very little.        $30
Marketed as C&O prototype, I modified to MoPac Magor Car Co. prototype. Track-powered interior lights did not operate at last try, but the bulb is easily pulled through the floor to service. Marker lights and jewels are included but I didn't install, and forgot to include in photo. Has metal leaf spring trucks that came with kit (not sprung) and Kadee couplers.
DSC_0893.JPG
DSC_0897 - Text.JPG

Pecos River #SB-0115-3 MoPac 50' Double door plastic express boxcar.          $35
Box is water damaged, but model is undamaged, since it has been kept in original plastic sleeve and molded styrofoam packaging. Like-new condition, never run, except brake wheel is broken off, needs reattached.
DSC_0912.JPG

Weaver Quality Craft Models, two plastic “fall-together” hopper cars, like new:
#907 36' Offset side 2-bay hopper, Texas & Pacific.                 $15
 DSC_0308.JPG

#1051 36' Rib-side covered hopper "sand car," grey.               $15
Car cover is removable to make an open-top hopper. Reporting marks say "MW." Can readily be redecorated to conventional hopper.
DSC_0306.JPG