RIP: Elaine Cavender, at age 80. Brethren descendant of; Tamplin/Keiser/Brown/Robbins/Kerr/Stewart/Apple/Wogamon/Shover/Hoffman/Emmert/Overholser/Snider/Studebaker/Billman/Grimm/Gephart/Gebahrt/Bizler/Miller

Patrick McGarry

I was in touch with her about genealogy, as both our maternal great-grandparents (hers, David Keiser (1848-1917); mine, Mary Catherine Peterseim, (1850-1934)(ran the Bloomer General Store)) were siblings. She is one of my 4th cousins. I have all the known Keiser genealogy, plus some others (Apple, etc.). I had told Elaine I had contacted her aunt Gladys Shoupp, and she threw me off, which Elaine said she was just getting real old, and not friendly anymore to anyone.

Inline image
S. ELAINE CAVENDER

S. Elaine Cavender, 80, of Piqua, joined her Lord and Savior at 1:53 a.m. Tuesday, June 14, 2022 at Piqua Manor Nursing Home. She was born June 7, 1942 in Piqua to the late Preston Melbern and Ellmena (Keiser) Tamplin. She married Elwood "Woody" Cavender February 29, 1964 in Piqua, and he survives.

Other survivors include a son, Eric (Krystal) Cavender of Troy; a step-daughter, Diane (Larry) Matthews of Troy; a granddaughter, Erica (Phil) Wilson; five step-grandchildren, Kayla (Clint) Lamb, Megan (Steven) Berger, Erik Matthews, Keith Matthews, Claire Matthews; two great grandchildren, Abrielle and Adeline Lamb; and a sister, Marletta (Donald) Carity of Piqua. She was preceded in death by a son, Kurt Cavender.

Mrs. Cavender was a 1960 graduate of Piqua Central High School. Following her education, she began her life long career within the medical field. Initially, with Piqua Memorial Hospital for ten years, before assuming a position with the practice of Dr. Jack Steinhilber for many years then Dr. Abboud's Digestive Specialty Care practice until her retirement in 2004. She was an active member of the Piqua Church of the Brethren where she served on its Church Board and Witness Commission. Her predisposition of helping others and her deep rooted faith would serve as the foundation which led her to her second career in Ministry where many people sought her messages of hope, inspiration and consolation. She will be remembered for her love of family, people, pleasant demeanor, and caring for others. She will be missed by her loving family and many friends.

A service to honor her life will begin at 10:00 a.m. Friday, June 17, 2022 at the Jamieson & Yannucci Funeral Home with Rev. Larry Lutz officiating. Burial will follow at Forest Hill Cemetery. Visitation will be from 4:00-7:00 p.m. Thursday at the Jamieson & Yannucci Funeral Home. Memorial contributions, in Elaine's name are suggested to the Piqua Church of the Brethren, 525 Boal Ave., Piqua, OH 45356. Guestbook condolences and expressions of sympathy, to be provided to the family, may be expressed through jamiesonandyannucci.com.

Inline imageInline imageInline imageInline imageInline imageInline imageInline imageInline imageInline image