PARENTS OF TEENS AND YOUNG ADULTS WITH OCD OCD-POTAYA@groups.ioThis group is for parents who have teens and emerging adults with OCD. This particular group of children have very specific needs that are generally different from pre-adolescent children and older-adult children with OCD.
As their parents, we must deal with puberty, sexuality, social interactions, medication and therapy resistance, driving, constant testing of the rules, school issues including 504 Plans and IEPs, transitions through different school levels – from elementary through to college -- and the ultimate challenge of transition to adulthood and independence. We have to be able to recognize the difference between behaviors caused by OCD and typical teen behaviors and how to deal with them appropriately. Our hopes are that you will receive the support and encouragement you need as we help each other understand the difficulties our children experience while guiding them in dealing with their OCD.
This group is moderated by Wendy Mueller and Jeni Leemis, both parents of teens/young adults with OCD. Expert input is provided by Dr. James Claiborn, a psychologist who has specialized in using cognitive behavioral therapy to treat patients with OCD and related disorders for over 30 years.
- 360 Members
- 422 Topics, Last Post:
- Started on
Group Email Addresses
- All members can post to the group.
- Posts to this group do not require approval from the moderators.
- Posts from new users require approval from the moderators.
- Messages are set to reply to group.
- Subscriptions to this group require approval from the moderators.
- Archive is visible to members only.
- Wiki is visible to members only.
- Members can edit their messages.
- Members can set their subscriptions to no email.