"The West is leading Ukraine down the primrose path, and the end result is that Ukraine is going to get wrecked." --- John Mearsheimer 2014

plasmaglyphs

Edited

First off an observation/question Is the following stattement from the article reveal
why O'bidEn's Kiev was so determined to squash The Donbass?

"given that Article 5 necessitates that any potential member must have control over their own borders. Of course, given the Donbass conflict which has raged since 2014, this alone would preclude Kiev's entry."

From this Zero-Hedge article
commentary from a former top level CIA analyst:
"The choice that we faced in Ukraine — and I'm using the past tense there intentionally — was whether Russia exercised a veto over NATO involvement in Ukraine on the negotiating table or on the battlefield," said George Beebe, a former director of Russia analysis at the CIA
The CIA's Beebe follows with this almost unbelievable line:
"And we elected to make sure that the veto was exercised on the battlefield, hoping that either Putin would stay his hand or that the military operation would fail."

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/stunning-admission-ukraine-former-top-level-cia-official

this illustrates perfectly Mearsheimer's prior prediction:
".. the West is leading Ukraine down the primrose path, and the end result is that Ukraine is going to get wrecked."

Why is the Ukraine catastrophe the West's Fault?
John Mearsheimer explains why.
8 years ago
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrMiSQAGOS4