[DesertLeps] Plebejus (idas) atrapraetextus

Norbert Kondla

On this topic of Plebejus, here is a link to a past specimen comparison graphic
Nature shots are nice and fun to get but for comparisons, specimen shots under controlled conditions are best.

On Sun, Jul 31, 2022 at 7:54 AM Norbert Kondla via groups.io <nkondla=telus.net@groups.io> wrote:
A few days ago I visited Baril Creek, SW of Calgary, Alberta to play with the butterflies. While processing the photos I took, I was surprised to see that I had photographed Plebejus atrapraetextus rather than the scudderii that I thought were there. I guess I will have to spend some more time with these critters in that area. Here are the two shots from a few days ago:
And for reference, here is an atrapraetextus shot that I took in southern BC in the past. This pic appears in the 2018 field guide by Pyle & LaBar
 https://flic.kr/p/tC1HU2

--
Norbert Kondla
Calgary, Alberta, Canada  (elevation 1060 metres asl)

--
Norbert Kondla
Calgary, Alberta, Canada  (elevation 1060 metres asl)

bob Parsons

Very nice Norbert. Just home from my long southern BC trip. I have a wide range of blues about to be sorted out. There were certainly less butterflies this year but I did find some very nice samples...Sonora Skipper, Stella`s Orange-tip and some questionable Polygonia?

Bob P