Euphydryas whatever veazieae

Norbert Kondla

I put some fresh annotation on an old pocket camera pic from 2004. Here is topotype Euphydryas bernadetta wenatchee from Washington state. Alternative taxonomic hypotheses: E. bernadetta veazieae, E. anicia veazieae, etc
 https://flic.kr/p/2nxkY4X
Pick the one you like or pick some other hypothesis ---
I would not be surprised if some folks would prefer to call these E. chalcedona, in keeping with the mega-lump taxonomic hypothesis that was briefly popular in the past.
Interesting that a purported lumper created a possibly mega-split taxonomic option.

--
Norbert Kondla
Calgary, Alberta, Canada  (elevation 1060 metres asl)

Join NorWestLeps@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.