Southern British Columbia Pieris marginalis

Norbert Kondla

At least some populations of Pieris marginalis in southern British Columbia have at least two broods. Here are pics of a couple of spring specimens:
and here are pics of a couple of early summer specimens;
When I sampled the Pend-d'Oreille river valley from 1997-2007, inclusive; I found adult marginalis in April, May, June, July, August, September. Most collections were in May, July, August. I suspect that 3 broods per season are normally present there.

--
Norbert Kondla
Calgary, Alberta, Canada  (elevation 1060 metres asl)

Join NorWestLeps@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.