Re: [DesertLeps] Limenitis archippus - British Columbia

Norbert Kondla

Pesticide spraying is thought to be the culprit for the demise of these northern populations. I don't know of any reason to think they were not a permanent resident. Their range has contracted even in adjacent Washington state, as reported in Butterflies of the Pacific Northwest book 2018.

On Fri, May 13, 2022 at 8:12 PM mormonmetalmark via groups.io <mormonmetalmark=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Legitimately curious--what caused the extirpation? Do we know that it was ever a permanent resident in BC to begin with?

--
Brian Banker,

Los Angeles/Orange County line, California, 150' elevation

--
Norbert Kondla
Calgary, Alberta, Canada  (elevation 1060 metres asl)

Join NorWestLeps@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.