Re: [DesertLeps] Celastrina overview

Norbert Kondla

Here is an iNaturalist map of the global distribution of Celastrina argiolus.

Celastrina argiolus distribution.JPG

On Sun, May 8, 2022 at 4:44 AM Leroy C. Koehn <leptraps@...> wrote:

Celastrina argiolus is a rather common species east of the Mississippi River. I was out and about with a net in my hand yesterday (7 May 22) and I collected several specimens, all males. I poked around several areas of the Mantua Wetlands and I saw and or collected a couple more specimens. All males.

I checked most of my Baits Traps close to home. Numerous Lithophane and and odd Noctuid moth. I have seen it before but can find it on MPG,

Off to church shortly. Afterwards I will journey to Fairport Harbor for lunch with friends and then a look around the Mentor Wetlands.

Cheers,
Leroy

On Saturday, May 7, 2022 Norbert Kondla <DesertLeps@DesertLeps.groups.io; nkondla@...> wrote:
Here is a screen clip from iNaturalist. Shows all Celastrina records from a portion of North America.
Celastrina North America.JPG
This map partly shows where the most reporting observers live/observe but in the case of the relatively few records from the Great Plains; I think this also reflects the relative scarcity of habitat for butterflies that feed on flowering shrubs.
--
Norbert Kondla
Calgary, Alberta, Canada  (elevation 1060 metres asl)

--

Join NorWestLeps@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.