Re: Grayish looking Purplish Copper

Norbert Kondla

The male in this pic also looks to me like it has a grey or at least greyish ventral hind wing: https://flic.kr/p/DEgbAw

On Thu, Jul 29, 2021 at 2:11 AM <tlpyle@...> wrote:
Interesting, Mike. I have seen coppers like that, if rarely. I think the pallor is a combined product of scale loss (wear) and sun-fading. The brighter yellow-tan color of the venral surfaces is subject, I believe, to age. This individual might be unually grayish to begin with, but I suspect if seen and photographed when fresh it would have more resembled the usual color. Nice to hear the Perseus duskywaings are doing well; I've only ever seen a few on this side of the river in the Lower Columbia.

RMP

--
Norbert Kondla
Calgary, Alberta, Canada