Newhilleast@groups.ioWelcome to the Newhilleast listserv, where residents of eastern Capitol Hill in Washington, DC, can join a conversation with their neighbors about local issues, local news and local events -- or even ask questions about the community and community services. Newhilleast is designed as a forum for neighborhood discussion and community awareness. Over the years, it has became the site where we've followed the ebb and flow of attitudes in a changing community.
Where exactly is Hill East? We do not have official boundaries, but usage of the listserv has grown to include much of the area west of the Anacostia River, north of I-395 and south of Florida Avenue and west to 11th Street or so. Since "Hill East" now covers such a vast area, we insist that all postings include: your name (no pseudonyms or pen names, please) and a reference to you address (such as “14th & C SE” or “1500 block of C SE”). We also insist that all postings be specifically relevant to life in the Hill East area. Newhilleast is not intended as a catch-all site for citywide announcements.
- 4,046 Members
- 42,319 Topics, Last Post:
- Started on
- All subscribers can post to the group.
- Posts to this group do not require approval from the moderators.
- Posts from new users require approval from the moderators.
- Messages are set to reply to group.
- Subscriptions to this group do not require approval from the moderators.
- Archives are visible to anyone.
- Wiki is visible to subscribers only.
- Members can edit their messages.
- Members can set their subscriptions to no email.