Topics

TOOLS : SPECIAL LIBRARIES: The West Philadelphia Tool Library

David Dillard

TOOLS :

SPECIAL LIBRARIES:

The West Philadelphia Tool Library

"The West Philly Tool Library loans tools to community members so they can perform simple home maintenance,
tend their yards and gardens, build furniture, start projects, and learn new skills in a safe and affordable manner.
We aim to be a community resource to provide home owners, tenants, long-time residents, and newcomers with
the tools (and the knowledge) they need.

The Tool Library is a fiscally-sponsored project of the

Urban Affairs Coalition (UAC)
.

http://www.uac.org/

Since our founding in 2007,
we have grown our inventory to over 4,000 tools and have welcomed over 2,600 members. 40% of our funding comes
from annual membership dues and late fees. The balance is funded by generous individual contributions, as well as
community supporters including Councilwoman Jannie Blackwell and the Philadelphia Activities Fund,
Dolfinger-McMahon Foundation, the Samuel S. Fels Fund, the Connelly Foundation, and more.

The Tool Library is staffed by two part-time tool librarians and our part-time executive director.  A volunteer steering
committee meets every other month to do fundraising, set policies, and other administrative and management tasks.
If you are interested in becoming part of the steering committee click here for more information.

Interested in starting a tool library in your neighborhood? Click here for resources on how to start your own."

WPTL Hours

Monday 5:30pm to 8:30pm
Tuesday 5:30pm to 8:30pm
Weds 5:30pm to 8:30pm
Thursday 5:30pm to 8:30pm
Friday Closed
Saturday 9:00am to 3:00pm
Sunday 12:00pm – 3:00pm

Where Are We?

1314 S. 47th Street Philadelphia, PA 19143

We are in a warehouse on the west side of S. 47th Street about 200 feet south of Woodland Avenue.

Our Tools

This is our complete tool list, with up-to-the-minute info each time you load this page!

Tools that are Out-of-Service, or are 6 weeks Overdue, are not shown.

Late fines are $1 / each (open) day overdue

Google Search

"urban affairs coalition" AND "tool library"

About 153 results (0.49 seconds)
To serve as a community resource to provide homeowners, tenants, long-time residents, and newcomers with tools and the knowledge to work with the tools ...
Nov 22, 2014 - This Saturday, November 22, 2014, The West Philadelphia Tool Library is having a Fall Tool Sale and Drive. Selections include circular saws, ...
SELF a program partner of the Urban Affairs Coalition (UAC) is currently seeking a ... The West Philly Tool Library is looking for a part time Tool Librarian.
The Tool Library is a fiscally-sponsored project of the Urban Affairs Coalition (UAC). Since our founding in 2007, we have grown our inventory to over 4,000 tools
and have welcomed over 2,600 members. ... The Tool Library is staffed by two part-time tool librarians and our part-time executive director.
The West Philly Tool Library is a community-based, non-profit tool lending library. ... The Tool Library is a fiscally-sponsored project of the Urban Affairs Coalition ...
The Tool Library is a fiscally-sponsored project of the Urban Affairs Coalition (UAC). Since our founding in 2007, we have grown our inventory to over 4,000 tools ...
Sat, Feb 8
47th and Kingsessing ...
Mar 9, 2009 - Photo: The original Tool Library steering committee (from left to right): ... WPTL is a project of the Greater Philadelphia Urban Affairs Coalition, ...
Jan 28, 2019 - The West Philly Tool Library was founded in 2007 to help make ... we partnered with Urban Affairs Coalition as an umbrella organization to ...

Page Navigation

12345Next

--

Sincerely,