Topics

UNITED STATES: POLITICS: POLITICAL PARTIES: REPUBLICAN PARTY, TEA PARTY : INDUSTRIES: PETROLEUM : LIBERTARIANISM : MEDICAL: INSURANCE: MEDICARE : WAR ON THE POOR : WAR ON THE ELDERLY : WAR ON MINORITIES : ORGANIZATIONS: AMERICAN LEGISLATIVE EXCHANGE COUNCIL (ALEC): Commentary: Koch Brothers' New Mantra: #richlivesmatter

David P. Dillard

..

..

UNITED STATES: POLITICS: POLITICAL PARTIES: REPUBLICAN PARTY, TEA PARTY :

INDUSTRIES: PETROLEUM :

LIBERTARIANISM :

MEDICAL: INSURANCE: MEDICARE :

WAR ON THE POOR :

WAR ON THE ELDERLY :

WAR ON MINORITIES :

ORGANIZATIONS: AMERICAN LEGISLATIVE EXCHANGE COUNCIL (ALEC):

Commentary: Koch Brothers' New Mantra: #Richlivesmatter

..

..

Commentary: Koch Brothers' New Mantra: #Richlivesmatter

By Rex W. Huppke

Sharelines:

The Koch brothers introduce the civil rights issue of our time:
Rich lives matter.

Charles Koch compares conservative activists to past civil rights
movements. #RichLivesMatter

August 3, 2015

Chicago Tribune

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/opinion/huppke/
ct-koch-brothers-forum-huppke-20150803-story.html

..

A shorter URL for the above link:

..

http://tinyurl.com/qxa8dg8

..

..

Charles and his brother David Koch allowed some reporters to attend the usually secretive weekend forum hosted by Freedom Partners Chamber of Commerce, the funding arm of the brothers' political network, under the agreement that none of the 450 rich attendees would be identified without their consent.

..

I was not one of the journalists invited, which is a shame, because I enjoy Southern California luxury resorts, "sumptuous" buffets and outdoor chandeliers dangling from metal poles. I also feel that wealthy people have a God-given right to make themselves wealthier under the guise of helping the non-wealthy (#RichLivesMatter) and I can be made to feel even more strongly about that for $1 million. (Koch Bros., shoot me a note at rhuppke@... and I'll give you my PayPal account info.)

..

According to a report by Politico, Charles Koch "called on the assembled business leaders to reject 'corporate welfare,' which, he said, is creating 'a two-tier society' by 'creating a permanent underclass, crippling our economy and corrupting the business community present company excepted, of course.' "

..

Yes, present company excepted, except that, according to Good Jobs First, a group that promotes corporate and government accountability in economic development, Koch Industries has received $190 million in government subsidies since 1990.

..

"If we cannot unite the majority of Americans behind the vision, then we're done for," Koch said, according to a Washington Post report. "So that to me has to be our number-one objective. But to do so, we've got to do a much better job of understanding what matters most to people, and then to demonstrate that a free society gives them the best opportunity of achieving that."

..

It's a simple process, really. Imagine this conversation between a person who can afford to buy an island and "a poor." (Poor is defined as anyone who cannot afford to donate at least $100,000 to a Koch-backed group and receive an invitation to a forum like the one held last weekend. I, for example, am a poor.)

..

Island Buyer: "What is it that's important to you, poor?"

..

Poor: "I would like to work and see my career advance and have health care and be able to take care of my family."

..

Island Buyer: "OK, the best way to do that is to cut government regulations, lower corporate taxes and convince people that solar power causes cancer."

..

Poor: "Cool! Thanks!"

..

Island Buyer: "Sure thing. I'm going to go buy more islands."

..

That exchange exemplifies the most important tool in this particular civil rights battle: lying.

..

..

..

..

Sincerely,
David Dillard
Temple University
(215) 204 - 4584
jwne@...
http://workface.com/e/daviddillard

Net-Gold
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/net-gold
http://net-gold.3172864.n2.nabble.com/

Research Guides
http://tinyurl.com/qy3gq6g
AND

RESEARCH PAPER WRITING
EMPLOYMENT
INTERNSHIPS
HOSPITALITY
DISABILITIES AND EMPLOYMENT
http://guides.temple.edu/c.php?g=134557
INDOOR GARDENING
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/IndoorGardeningUrban/info
Educator-Gold
K12ADMINLIFE

PUBLIC HEALTH RESOURCES INCLUDING EBOLA

Blog
https://educatorgold.wordpress.com/

Articles by David Dillard

Information Literacy (Russell Conwell Center Guide)
http://tinyurl.com/78a4shn

Nina Dillard's Photographs on Net-Gold
http://www.flickr.com/photos/neemers/

Twitter: davidpdillard

Temple University Site Map

Bushell, R. & Sheldon, P. (eds),
David P. Dillard
http://tinyurl.com/o4pn4o9

Rail Transportation

INDOOR GARDENING

SPORT-MED

..

..

Please Ignore All Links to JIGLU
Temple University Listserv Alert :
Years 2009 and 2010 Eliminated from Archives

..

..