POLITICS ELECTIONS AND ELECTION CAMPAIGNS: CANDIDATES : UNITED STATES: POLITICS: POLITICAL PARTIES: REPUBLICAN PARTY, TEA PARTY : INDUSTRIES: PETROLEUM : LIBERTARIANISM : RACISM : BIGOTRY : EXTREMISM : HATE GROUPS : INTOLERANCE : PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATES: NAMED PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATES: DONALD TRUMP : BLATANT FALSEHOODS: SERIAL LIARS : FRAUD : VIDEOS : RUDENESS : AD HOMINEM ATTACKS : MAN CHILDREN : WAR ON WOMEN, MUSLIMS, MEXICANS, REPUBLICAN PARTY LEADERSHIP : APPEAL TO FEAR : DEMOGOGUERY : PSYCHOLOGICAL DISORDERS: You Have to Watch this Incredible, Trump-Destroying Speech by the Father of a Fallen Muslim Soldier

David P. Dillard

.

.

POLITICS ELECTIONS AND ELECTION CAMPAIGNS: CANDIDATES :

UNITED STATES: POLITICS: POLITICAL PARTIES: REPUBLICAN PARTY, TEA PARTY :

INDUSTRIES: PETROLEUM :

LIBERTARIANISM :

RACISM :

BIGOTRY :

EXTREMISM :

HATE GROUPS :

INTOLERANCE :

PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATES:

NAMED PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATES: DONALD TRUMP :

BLATANT FALSEHOODS:

SERIAL LIARS :

FRAUD :

VIDEOS :

RUDENESS :

AD HOMINEM ATTACKS :

MAN CHILDREN :

WAR ON WOMEN, MUSLIMS, MEXICANS, MINORITIES, REPUBLICAN PARTY LEADERSHIP :

APPEAL TO FEAR :

DEMOGOGUERY :

PSYCHOLOGICAL DISORDERS:

You Have to Watch this Incredible, Trump-Destroying Speech by the Father of a Fallen Muslim Soldier

.

.

You Have to Watch this Incredible, Trump-Destroying
Speech by the Father of a Fallen Muslim Soldier

By Patrick Hogan

Fusion.net

http://fusion.net/story/331438/khizr-khan-trump-constitution-convention/

.

The father of a Muslim U.S. soldier killed in Iraq blasted Donald Trump Saturday for suggesting his wife was "not allowed" to speak during a powerful speech at this week's Democratic National Convention.

.

"Running for president is not an entitlement to disrespect [a] Gold Star family and Gold Star mother, not realizing her pain," Khizr Khan said in an interview on ABC News Saturday.

.

"Shame on him! Shame on his family!" Khan said. "He is not worthy of our comments. He has no decency. He is void of decency. He has a dark heart," Khan said.

.

In an interview to be broadcast Sunday on ABC's "This Week," Trump implied that Khan's wife, Ghazala Khan, "wasn't allowed to have anything to say" when she stood next to her husband at the convention.

.

The Khans' son, U.S. Army Capt. Humayun Khan, was killed by a car bomb in 2004 while guarding the gates of his base in Iraq, saving the lives of his fellow soldiers and civilians.

.

At the convention, Khizr Khan questioned whether Trump had read the U.S. constitution, and said Trump has "sacrificed nothing and no one." Trump has proposed a temporary ban on Muslims from entering the U.S.

.

Ghazala Khan on Friday night told MSNBC's Lawrence O'Donnell on Friday that she was anxious during her husband's speech, knowing her son's photo would appear behind her. She also spoke on ABC News Saturday.

.

"Sacrifice I don't think he knows the meaning of the sacrifice, meaning of the word," Ghazala Khan told ABC News. "Because when I was standing there all America felt my pain, without saying a single word. Everybody felt that pain, but I don't know how he missed that."

.

.

Trump Responds to Khizr Khan with Insults. Republican Party,
This is Your Last Jumping-Off Point

Saturday July 30, 2016 1:52 PM EDT

Daily Kos

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2016/7/30/1554596/
-Trump-responds-to-Khizr-Khan-with-insults-Republican-Party-
this-is-your-last-jumping-off-point

.

A shorter URL for the above link:

.

http://tinyurl.com/zpbqeh4

.Donald Trump weighs in on the powerful testimony of Khizr and Ghazala Khan, whose son was killed by a car bomb while serving in Iraq. It was, as has become normal for the Republican candidate, repulsive.

.

If you look at his wife, she was standing there. She had nothing to say. She probably, maybe she wasn't allowed to have anything to say. You tell me.

.

And has Trump sacrificed, as the Kahn family has?

.

I think I've made a lot of sacrifices. I work very, very hard. I've created thousands and thousands of jobs, tens of thousands of jobs, built great structures. I've had tremendous success. I think I've done a lot.
He is, of course, completely unfit for the presidency. More than that, he is a monster. A sociopath. A man who is so consumed with his needs and with the political convenience of denying the very humanity of the other, in this case a Muslim American father and mother and son, that he dismisses their very humanity. The wife was suspiciously silent, he declares. The sacrifice of a son was little compared to the sacrifice of his own "success," he opines. And were they even the words of grieving parents, really?

.

Who wrote that? Did Hillary's script writers write it?

.

Again Khizr Khan has called upon Republicans Mitch McConnell and Paul Ryan, by name, to repudiate Trump's rhetoric and hatred. That they remain silent is proof enough that the Republican party is both dead, as ideological force, and very much deserves to be. They stand by Trump because they would rather win the presidency, even at the long odds Trump provides, than stand against his anti-immigrant, anti-Muslim, anti-other sociopathies. There is no party ideology left, other than the one that demands they be put in charge of things. There is no pushback to the forces of racism and dark nationalism leftit is not worth it to them, they cannot risk it, they have no countering ideology of their own to even push back with. The partys media mouthpiece, Fox, did not provide their viewers Khans own testimony. They hid it under a commercial, as they hid most other fragments of testimony from the inconvenient other that presented themselves onstage to dispute Trumps dark paranoia.

.

.

Donald Trump Criticizes Muslim Family of Slain U.S. Soldier, Drawing Ire

By MAGGIE HABERMAN and RICHARD A. OPPEL Jr.

July 30, 2016

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/31/us/politics/ donald-trump-khizr-khan-wife-ghazala.html

.

A shorter URL for the above link:

.

http://tinyurl.com/hsmwqh5

.

.

Donald J. Trump belittled the parents of a slain Muslim soldier who had strongly denounced Mr. Trump during the Democratic National Convention, saying that the soldiers father had delivered the entire speech because his mother was not allowed to speak.

.

Mr. Trumps comments, in an interview with George Stephanopoulos of ABC News that will air on Sunday, drew quick and widespread condemnation and amplified calls for Republican leaders to distance themselves from their presidential nominee. With his implication that the soldiers mother had not spoken because of female subservience expected in some traditional strains of Islam, his comments also inflamed his hostilities with American Muslims.

.

Khizr Khan, the soldiers father, lashed out at Mr. Trump in an interview on Saturday, saying his wife had not spoken at the convention because it was too painful for her to talk about her sons death.

.

Mr. Trump, he said, is devoid of feeling the pain of a mother who has sacrificed her son.

.

Gov. John Kasich of Ohio, a rival of Mr. Trumps in the Republican primaries who has refused to endorse him, castigated him on Twitter. Theres only one way to talk about Gold Star parents: with honor and respect, he wrote, using the term for surviving family members of those who died in war.

.

And Hillary Clinton, Mr. Trumps Democratic opponent, said he was not a normal presidential candidate.

.

Someone who attacks everybody has something missing, she told a crowd at a campaign stop in Youngstown, Ohio. I dont know what it is. Im not going to get into that.

.

Mr. Khans speech at the convention in Philadelphia was one of the most powerful given there. It was effectively the Democratic response to comments Mr. Trump has made implying many American Muslims have terrorist sympathies or stay silent when they know ones who do. Mr. Trump has called to ban Muslim immigration as a way to combat terrorism.

.

snip

.

He criticized Mr. Trump, saying he consistently smears the character of Muslims, and pointedly challenged what sacrifices Mr. Trump had made. Holding a pocket-size copy of the Constitution, he asked if Mr. Trump had read it. Mr. Khans wife stood silently by his side.

.

Mr. Trump told Mr. Stephanopoulos that Mr. Khan seemed like a nice guy and that he wished him the best of luck. But, he added, If you look at his wife, she was standing there, she had nothing to say, she probably maybe she wasnt allowed to have anything to say, you tell me.

.

Mr. Trump also told Maureen Dowd of The New York Times on Friday night, Id like to hear his wife say something.

.

In a statement late Saturday, Mr. Trump called Captain Khan a hero, and reiterated his belief that the United States should bar Muslims from entering the country.

.

While I feel deeply for the loss of his son, he added, Mr. Khan, who has never met me, has no right to stand in front of millions of people and claim I have never read the Constitution, (which is false) and say many other inaccurate things.

.

snip

.

Trump is totally void of any decency because he is unaware of how to talk to a Gold Star family and how to speak to a Gold Star mother, Mr. Khan said on Saturday.

.

Ms. Khan did speak on Friday to MSNBCs Lawrence ODonnell, saying she cannot even come in the room where his pictures are.

.

When she saw her sons photograph on the screen behind her on the stage in Philadelphia, she said, I couldnt take it.

.

I controlled myself at that time, she said, while choking back tears. It is very hard.

.

.

Khizr Khan Responds to the Latest from Trump: 'Typical of a Person without a Soul'

By Stephanie McCrummen

July 31, 2016 at 12:58 AM

Washington Post

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/khizr-khan-responds-to-the-
latest-from-trump-what-he-said-originally--that-defines-him/
2016/07/31/450f78dc-56d6-11e6-b7de-dfe509430c39_story.html

.

A shorter URL for the above link:

.

http://tinyurl.com/glfe4pk

.

.

Khan said it is the massive response to his speech, not the speech itself, that is causing the trouble to Trump.

.

snip

.

In a series of statements Friday and Saturday, Trump responded to Khans speech, first telling the New York Times that he wondered whether Khans wife, who stood silently by his side as he spoke, was allowed to speak, a response that drew widespread, bipartisan condemnation. In a written statement later Saturday, Trump who has proposed suspending Muslim immigration to the U.S. elaborated that Khans son, who was posthumously awarded a Gold Star and Purple Heart, was a hero who should be honored. He went on to say that the real problem here are the radical Islamic terrorists who killed him, and the efforts of these radicals to enter our country to do us further harm.

.

Responding to Trumps latest statement, Khan said, This is faked empathy.

.

What he said originally that defines him .?.?. People are upset with him. He realizes, and his advisers feel that [his original statement] was a stupid mistake. That proves that this person is void of empathy. He is unfit for the stewardship of this great country. You think he will empathize with this country, with the suffering of this countrys poor people? He showed his true colors when he disrespected this countrys most honorable mother all the snake oil he is selling, and my patriotic, decent Americans are falling for that. Republicans are falling for that. And I can only appeal to them. Reconsider. Repudiate. Its a moral obligation. A person void of empathy for the people he wishes to lead cannot be trusted with that leadership. To vote is a trust. And it cannot be placed in wrong hands.

.

.

Khan said his wife didnt speak because she breaks down when she sees her sons photograph a huge one of which was projected onto a screen behind the stage at the convention.

.

Emotionally and physically she just couldnt even stand there, and when we left, as soon as we got off camera, she just broke down. And the people inside, the staff, were holding her, consoling her. She was just totally emotionally spent. Only those parents that have lost their son or daughter could imagine the pain that such a memory causes. Especially when a tribute is being paid. I was holding myself together, because one of us had to be strong. Normally, she is the stronger one. But in the matter of Humayun, she just breaks down any time anyone mentions it.

.

snip

.

Speaking of Trumps proposed suspension of Muslim immigration, Khan said that the candidate is simply pandering for votes.

.

This is my country too, he said, adding that Trump lacks understanding, that most Muslims are victims of terrorism, not perpetrators and they condemn it. He lacks awareness of these issues. He doesnt realize there are patriotic Muslim Americans in this country willing to lay their lives for this country. We are a testament to that.

.

.

Fury as Trump Mocks Muslim Soldier's Mother Ghazala Khan

BBC News

http://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2016-36935175

.

.

Republican presidential hopeful Donald Trump has attracted outrage by mocking a dead US Muslim soldier's mother.

.

Ghazala Khan stood silently next to her husband as he attacked Mr Trump in an emotional speech to the Democratic National Convention on Thursday.
Mr Trump suggested she may not have been allowed to speak.

.

Republicans and Democrats said the Republican candidate's comments were no way to talk of a hero's mother. Mrs Khan said she was upset by his remarks.

.

Last week her husband Khizr Khan told Democrats Mr Trump had sacrificed "nothing and no-one" for his country.

.

At the convention in Philadelphia, he said his son would not even have been in America if it had been up to Mr Trump, who has called for a ban on Muslims entering the US.

.

Humayun Khan was killed by a car bomb in 2004 in Iraq at the age of 27.

.

snip

.

But former president Bill Clinton, the husband of Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton, said: "I cannot conceive how he can say that about a Gold Star mother."

.

Democratic vice-presidential nominee Tim Kaine said Mr Trump's remarks were inappropriate.

.

"He was kind of trying to turn that into some kind of ridicule," he said, quoted by AP. "It just demonstrates again kind of a temperamental unfitness. If you don't have any more sense of empathy than that, then I'm not sure you can learn it."

.

snip

.

Some Republicans also rounded on their candidate.

.

Ohio Governor John Kasich, a former rival to Mr Trump for the Republican nomination, tweeted: "There's only one way to talk about Gold Star parents: with honour and respect."

.

In an interview for ABC on Saturday, Ghazala Khan said: "When I was standing there, all of America felt my pain, without a single word. I don't know how he missed that."

.

"Please Mr Trump, feel that pain and you will be better.
"I was upset when I heard that I didn't say anything because I was in pain."

.

Khizr Khan said that Mr Trump was "devoid of feeling the pain of a mother who has sacrificed her son".

.

"Running for president is not an entitlement to disrespect... a Gold Star mother, shame on him," he said.

.

"He has no decency, he has a dark heart."

.

Mrs Khan said on Friday that she did not speak during her husband's speech because she was still overcome with grief and could not look at her son's photos without crying.

.

.

Donald Trumps slander of Captain Humayun Khans family is horrifying,
even for Trump

What kind of person is Donald Trump?

Ezra Klein

July 30, 2016, 2:07 p.m. ET

Vox

http://www.vox.com/2016/7/30/12332922/donald-trump-khan-muslim

.

.

The most emotional moment of the Democratic National Convention was the speech by Khizr Khan, the bereaved father of Army Captain Humayun Khan. With his wife Ghazala by his side, Khan recalled his sons character, his faith, his patriotism and, ultimately, his courageous death in the service of the country he loved, and the fellow soldiers he was protecting.

.

And, yes, the Khan family is Muslim. Under Trumps proposed policies, they would be innately suspect; had he been president when they immigrated to America, they wouldve been barred from entering, and Humayun Khan never would have served.

.

"Have you ever been to Arlington Cemetery?" Khan asked Trump. "Go look at the graves of brave patriots who died defending the United States of America. You will see all faiths, genders and ethnicities. You have sacrificed nothing and no one."

.

On ABC this morning, Trump responded to Khans speech. I dont know what I expected from Trump. Maybe he would show some gentleness. Maybe he would show some empathy. Maybe he would refuse to comment. Maybe he would attack Hillary Clinton and Barack Obamas foreign policy leadership. All of those responses would have been fine.

.

Trumps actual response, though, wasnt fine.

.

"If you look at his wife, she was standing there," he said, on national television. "She had nothing to say. She probably, maybe she wasn't allowed to have anything to say. You tell me."

.

This wasnt a slip of the tongue. In an interview with Maureen Dowd, Trump took the same tack. "Id like to hear his wife say something," he said.

.

Lets be very clear about what Trump is doing here: as ABC wrote, hes suggesting "Khans wife didnt speak because she was forbidden to as a Muslim." This is bullshit. It is flatly, verifiably, false. But thats almost beside the point.

.

Trump listened to a speech by the bereaved father of a fallen Muslim soldier and used it to slander the fallen soldiers family. That was his response. That is his character.

.

At this point, I honestly dont know what to say. I dont have new language for this, I havent found another way of saying this isnt okay, this isnt kind, this isnt decent. Instead, Ill note James Fallowss response. He quotes Joseph Welch, speaking to Senator Joseph McCarthy in 1954.

.

"Until this moment," he said, "I think I never really gauged your cruelty."

.

If you would like to see Ghazala Khan speak, you can do so in this interview she gave to MSNBCs Lawrence ODonnell. As Fallows writes, she breaks down sobbing while speaking of her son. It suggests she let her husband give the DNC speech for a simple reason: she remains overwhelmed by grief.

.

This is the woman Trump decided to slander. This is the gauge of his cruelty.

.

This isn't partisan. This isn't left vs. right. Mitt Romney never would have said this. John McCain never would have said this. George W. Bush never would have said this. John Kerry never would have said this. This is what I mean when I write that the 2016 election isn't simply Democrat vs. Republican, but normal vs. abnormal.

.

.

The complete articles may be read at the URLs provided for each.

.

.

WEBBIB1516

http://tinyurl.com/q8tavoy

.

.

Sincerely,
David Dillard
Temple University
(215) 204 - 4584
jwne@...
http://workface.com/e/daviddillard

Net-Gold
https://groups.io/g/Net-Gold
http://net-gold.3172864.n2.nabble.com/

AND Discussion Group Directory
http://tinyurl.com/ngda2hk

OR

RESEARCH PAPER WRITING
EMPLOYMENT
INTERNSHIPS
HOSPITALITY
DISABILITIES AND EMPLOYMENT
http://guides.temple.edu/c.php?g=134557
INDOOR GARDENING
https://groups.io/g/indoor-gardening
Educator-Gold
K12ADMINLIFE

PUBLIC HEALTH RESOURCES INCLUDING EBOLA

STATISTICS SOURCES RESEARCH GUIDE
http://guides.temple.edu/statistics-sources

Social Work and Social Issues Discussion Group
https://groups.io/g/social-work

Tourism Discussion Group
https://groups.io/g/Tourism

Digital Scholarship Discussion Group
https://groups.io/g/DigitalScholarship/threads
https://listserv.temple.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A0=DIGITAL-SCHOLARSHIP
https://digitalscholarshipandscholarlypublication.wordpress.com/

Copyright Research Guide
http://guides.temple.edu/copyright-plagiarism
Fair Use
http://guides.temple.edu/fair-use

Blog
https://educatorgold.wordpress.com/

Articles by David Dillard

http://tinyurl.com/78a4shn

Nina Dillard's Photographs on Net-Gold
http://www.flickr.com/photos/neemers/

Twitter: davidpdillard

Temple University Site Map

Bushell, R. & Sheldon, P. (eds),
David P. Dillard
http://tinyurl.com/o4pn4o9

Rail Transportation

INDOOR GARDENING

SPORT-MED

.

.

Please Ignore All Links to JIGLU
Temple University Listserv Alert :
Years 2009 and 2010 Eliminated from Archives

.

.

Join Net-Gold@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.