Nature recordists from around the world Naturerecordists@groups.ioThis moderated group is interested in techniques, issues and general discussion of recording natural sounds. Topics include, but aren't limited to recording techniques and equipment, recording venues and discussions of various animal vocalizations and communication. Other natural sounds, such as water, weather and wind-generated sounds are valid topics.
Issues related to computerized editing of sounds, copyrights, Internet applications and commercial uses of files are encouraged.
It is sometimes necessary to limit discussions that, although they may be pertinent or desirable to some, can become contentious. In the interest of the list's survival as a forum for discussion of recording natural sound, It is recognized that the "playback" thread (playing recorded sounds back to animals) has the potential for creating an atmosphere on the list that is not conducive to civil discussion. therefore the discussion on playback is not allowed in this group.
Sound files may not be attached to postings, nor will any other attachements be allowed. Members are encouraged to discuss unknown or unidentified sounds they have recorded and to post sound files and to post sounds to the group so that other members can hear them. The moderator has supplied a web site, which can be found on the "Links" page, to which members may post sounds larger than 200K for the benefit of the group.
Group Email Addresses
- All members can post to the group.
- Posts to this group do not require approval from the moderators.
- Messages are set to reply to group.
- Subscriptions to this group require approval from the moderators.
- Archive is visible to anyone.
- Wiki is visible to members only.
- Members can edit their messages.
- Members can set their subscriptions to no email.
Top Hashtags [See All]
- #greetings New members say hallo 6 topics
- #mixpre3 Sound Devices mixpre3 4 topics
- #listfunctions 2 topics
- #PrimoEM182 How to wire EM 182 and the new EM 282 UNI capsule 1 topics
- #yes 1 topics
- #live Live in the field broadcast 1 topics
- #OZbirds testing io groups email functions 1 topics
- #vocalisation Vocalisation theory in birds 1 topics
- #atlast Test tag 1 topics