NanoVNA V2 Users Group NanoVNAV2@groups.io
S-A-A-2 / NanoVNA V2 / V2 Plus / V2 Plus4 user group official
Click "Join This Group" button at the bottom of the page to join and see topics.
This is the only official NanoVNA V2 group, please be aware!
This is the official support forum/user group for the NanoVNA V2, which is a low cost 3GHz T/R VNA (vector network analyzer). It is not based on ttrftech's NanoVNA design but a new from scratch design using 2 ADF4350 to cover up to 3GHz and Si5351 to cover down to 50kHz. Compared to the original ttrftech design, V2 uses only the fundamental signal for measurements and achieves higher dynamic range.
Warning about cheap underperforming clones
As of September 2021 there are many clones on the market. These clones do not go through any quality control and most perform badly. V2/3GHz NanoVNA uses parts like ADF4350 and AD8342 which are costly and clones have been cutting costs by using salvaged or reject parts. If a clone is selling for much cheaper than the official store it will likely not meet specifications.
All V2.2/V2_2 are clones! See official stores below and look for V2 Plus/Plus4 versions only to avoid getting a bad clone. We have stopped selling older versions since October 2020, so all V2 hardware that are not Plus or Plus4 are not made by us and we can not guarantee performance.
Where to buy
Note: All listings on Amazon that are not V2Plus4 are bad clones, please be aware!
Note: All listings on Amazon that are not V2Plus4 are bad clones, please be aware and don't be fooled by the reviews from over a year ago, most clones have since switched to salvaged or reject parts and are much more noisy that you are better off buying a V1 NanoVNA instead!
You can check your hardware revision by selecting CONFIG > VERSION in the menu.
Please see https://nanorfe.com/nanovna-versions.html
|2020/10||4 inch display. 4x faster sweep (400 points/s). Up to 80dB dynamic range to 3GHz.|
|2020/10||2x faster sweep (200 points/s). Noise improvements. PCB text still indicates "V2_2".|
|V2.2||2019||The earliest version of the V2 hardware. No longer sold. V2.2 has been discontinued since October 2020, and all V2.2 versions still on the market are clones. To ensure you get a supported hardware version, look for V2 Plus and Plus4 versions.|
Online (HTML) user manual:
S-A-A-2 menu map:
Usage and operation of the V2 is largely identical to the original NanoVNA.
NanoVNA-QT (PC software) releases:
NanoVNA Saver is compatible with the NanoVNA V2:https://github.com/zarath/nanovna-saver
Firmware release version history:
Bugfixes. Support circuit changes in newer hardware.
Reverted because of serious bugs in averaging fix
- First production release for V2 Plus4
- Enhanced response calibration
|20200525||- Extend lower frequency limit to 10kHz|
|20200501|| - Support TDR up to 201 points
- Allow exiting from USB mode (hold down JOG CENTER/middle button on the device after exiting NanoVNA-QT)
- Fix numeric input (long-press JOG CENTER on the stimulus menu items to enter numeric input)
- Fix bug when all traces are disabled
||- First production release|
- 1,870 Members
- 288 Topics, Last Post:
- Started on
Group Email Addresses
- All members can post to the group.
- Posts to this group do not require approval from the moderators.
- Posts from new users require approval from the moderators.
- Messages are set to reply to group.
- Subscriptions to this group do not require approval from the moderators.
- Archive is visible to members only.
- Wiki is visible to members only.
- Members can edit their messages.
- Members can set their subscriptions to no email.