NanoVNA SAA-2N, screen has vertical lines on right one edge. Replacement available? #clones #hardware #lcd

Matt Trull

I have a SAA-2N model and a few weeks ago it developed vertical lines going from the top to the bottom, on one edge of the screen. It's the edge of the screen near the slide switch for on/off. Flipping the display makes no difference. Has anyone else had this issue? Anyone know of a source for a replacement screen?

Albert Kleyn

Hi Matt.
My brandnew unit had this on the L/H side. This is a manufacturing defect.
I reported the problem and mine was immediately replaced.
The manufacturing tech support guy (Gary) ( a radio amateur himself) bend
over backwards to help !!! Never known such fantastic support.
Mine was an Amazon purchase, replacement unit got to Ireland in 4 days.
This is the unit I have:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08FYHH6RB/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Albert (EI7II).

On Tue, 20 Jul 2021 at 22:34, Matt Trull <Oxyacetylene@gmail.com> wrote:

I have a SAA-2N model and a few weeks ago it developed vertical lines
going from the top to the bottom, on one edge of the screen. It's the edge
of the screen near the slide switch for on/off. Flipping the display makes
no difference. Has anyone else had this issue? Anyone know of a source for
a replacement screen?

Stephen Laurence

Once out of the metal box, the V2N screen is easy to remove, it can be unplugged from the main board once a few pillar screws are undone snd the replacement plugged in.

I bought a gew spare 4” screens a year ago (when they were pkentiful), as spares and also to upgrade a v2 2.8” vna. They are harder, but not impossible to get now, but this should improve in the middle distant future.

Steve L

Matt Trull

I have opened the case and see the screen should be easy to remove. I'm
looking for a source for a replacement screen. I purchased mine through
R&L, before I was even aware of the "clone wars." I am past the 90 day
warranty window now. It still operates fine, but it would be nice to fix
the screen. Is it a generic screen that I can just find on ebay or Amazon?