Group DescriptionThe New York Central System .. One of the great railways of the 20th Century. Home of the Great Steel Fleet of passenger trains, including the well known 20th Century Limited. Known as The Water Level Route, serving customers between New York/Boston and Chicago.
NYC-Railroad@yahoogroups.com is a place to discuss the New York Central Railroad's US operations, including the Boston & Albany, Pittsburgh & Lake Erie, Peoria & Eastern, among others, as well as its Canadian divisions through Southern Ontario as well as the branch to Ottawa.
Discussion is not limited solely to rail operations, since the NYC had significant marine and trucking operations as well. Current equipment spottings are encouraged. The only restrictions are that the information relates to the NYC or other lines operating under its flag. Modellers, historians and anyone with an interest in the NYC family of railways are welcome.
- 1,482 Members
- 9,776 Topics, Last Post:
- Started on
- All subscribers can post to the group.
- Posts to this group do not require approval from the moderators.
- Posts from new users require approval from the moderators.
- Messages are set to reply to group.
- Subscriptions to this group do not require approval from the moderators.
- Archives are visible to anyone.
- Wiki is visible to subscribers only.
- Members can edit their posts.
- Members can set their subscriptions to no email.