Trainworx Updated Web Site

cfritschle

On Tuesday of this week, Pat Sanders sent out an email announcing the Trainworx Jersey Central Lines exterior post trailers were available now.  Pat also included with the email that the Trainworx web site had been updated.

Since I did not need any of the Jersey Central Lines trailers, I waited until today to check out the updated web site.  What is really cool is that there is now an N Scale Trailer page that allows one to easily see what trailers are available, and order directly from Trainworx with a shopping cart.  http://www.train-worx.com/?product_cat=n-trailers

And, I was surprised to see that the 50-ft livestock trailers were available as undecorated kits.  While I purchased plenty of decorated "Bull Haulers" for my needs when they were released approximately six years ago, I do remember some people lamenting that they had missed out on buying any at that time.  So, if you are in need of a 50-ft livestock trailer, you might want to check out this link.  http://www.train-worx.com/?product=4069

There were 49 in stock when I checked!

Carter

Tom Catalano

thanks for sharing the livestock trailer. Wondering a couple things:
1. what is the construction of these - etched metal, injection molded, or 3D print?
2. are these trailers for cattle, or is it a double deck designed for smaller stock like pigs, sheep, goats, etc?

Thanks - Tom C

cfritschle

Tom,

1. The trailers are injection molded plastic, and based on the Merritt 50-ft livestock trailer.  https://merritt-trailers.com/Livestock-Trailer-Options

2. The prototypes of the Trainworx model that I see frequently are hauling cattle to a beef processing plant about 6 miles down the road from where I live, and they are double deck trailers.  However, Merritt offers a Hog Deck Package that allows for a third deck conversion for hauling smaller livestock.  https://merritt-trailers.com/Livestock-Trailer-Options

Carter

cfritschle

It looks like you will need to click on the Hog Deck Package on the Livestock Trailer Options page.  A direct link did not work.

Carter