New Classic Metal Works Announcement?

cfritschle

It looks like Classic Metal Works (Round 2 Models) will have a new release of the Old Look GM transit bus, the 1954 Ford Delivery, and 1967 Ford Galaxie.  Those models are shown as "Coming Soon" on the MBK web site.

https://www.modeltrainstuff.com/search#/filter:custom_scale:N/filter:brand:Classic$2520Metal$2520Works/sort:sortable_date_created:desc

I have looked for an announcement on both the CMW archive site and the CMW Facebook page, but nothing "new" is showing up there.  And, I received an error when I tried to get to the CMW listings at Walthers.

While this is not the announcement I was hoping for (N scale Chevy pickups), at least it is something.

Carter

cfritschle

The Walthers' web site is now working for CMW, and it looks like the 1975 Buick Estate Wagons have arrived.  https://www.walthers.com/classic_metal_works/scale-n_scale

Carter

Ed Minnich

Amen for pickup trucks!

Does anyone know the source of contemporary pickup trucks?

cfritschle

Ed,

Do you want "mass produced" or 3D printed pickups?

There are so many people that offer 3D printed pickups that I cannot even begin to keep track of them.  However, if you would like "mass produced" ready to use models, the Atlas F-150 (1997-2003 model years with some produced for 2004) is the most modern, and still really common where I live.  The second most modern was the River Point Station (and later this year should be released by Atlas) F-250 crew cab (1992-98 model years), but some states registered the trucks built in early 1998 before the Super Duty pickups were launched as 1997 models.  Ford also considered the early 1998 trucks as 1997 models, and the new Super Duty trucks that were released in the spring of 1998 were considered 1999 models.

If you haven't checked out these pages on the N Scale Vehicle Association's website, you might find them helpful.  https://nscalevehicles.org/resources/models_era.php

Those pages have not been updated since 2013, and did not include kits.  I am working on an update that I will "park" in this group's files area that will include the kits that I have finished building with photos.

If you need help locating the River Point Station Fords, there are several dealers that still had some in stock the last I checked.

Carter

Thomas Knapp

Carter,

The list reached following the link you included in your e-mail does not seem to include any vehicles prior to 1940. I have 63 different vehicles in 2MM and N scale representing vehicles built from 1911 to 1939. Many of these are kits (which you note you do not include in the on-line listing.) If you would like that list e-mail me off-line.

Tom K.

thomasknapp@...

[...]

Tom,

My "collection" of pre-1940 vehicles is definitely lacking, and for that I truly apologize.  I do have the 1930s and 1940s models offered by GHQ, but I have not gotten around to building them.  The same goes for the Showcase Miniatures 1934 Ford.  Also, I am not familiar with the 2MM models, so if you can provide a link to them, that would be great!

Another resource is the list I have compiled of models that I do have (well, I do have most of them) that can be found in this groups file area.  https://groups.io/g/NScaleVehicleAssociation/files/Convention%20Handouts

Ed,

I read "contemporary" as synonymous to "modern" which probably is not what you were asking.  If you were asking about other 1970s vintage pickups, the 1973 Atlas F-100 is the most readily available.  That is why the CMW 1973-79 pickups would be so welcome in N scale.

Carter