Mid 1970s Buick Estate Wagon?

cfritschle

Wig-Wag LLC is showing some new Classic Metal Works N scale models scheduled for release in March:

http://wig-wag-trains-cart.com/vehicles-11/cmw-n-vehicles?Page=1&Items=12

The garbage truck body and low boy equipment trailers would be new tooling.

However, when I searched for more info, I came across this on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/classicmetalworksfans/

The posting date was November 14.  It is hard to imagine that models of 1974-76 Buick Estate Wagons would be produced in N scale, unless GM has changed its position on licensing small vehicle models.  Does anyone have a way to verify this announcement is accurate?

Carter

cfritschle

Walthers has the Buicks, along with a new tank trailer (with a 1954 Chevy?) on their website showing they are expected on 5/31/2020.  https://www.walthers.com/classic-metal-works/new-product-center/just-announced/in-stock/n/page/2
I am guessing the tractor will be the 1954 Ford rather than a newly tooled Chevy.

N Scale Supply has some graphics, but the Chevy shown on that website appears to be the HO 1957 Chevy.  http://www.nscalesupply.com/Newsletter/CurrentNewsletter.html

And Bill Giacci of CMW Holdings Ltd sent an email to the N Scale Vehicle Association Yahoo group stating GM changed their licensing policy in 2017.  So, manufacturers now can get a license from GM to produce the smaller models, as long as the model is marketed as an "adult collectible" rather than a child's toy.

Carter

cfritschle

I received an email from Scott at N Scale Supply.  Scott contacted CMW and confirmed the tractor with the tank trailer will be the 1954 Ford.

The N Scale Supply web page has been updated to list the 1954 Ford for both the tank trailer tractor and the garbage truck.  http://www.nscalesupply.com/CMW/CMW.html

Walthers still has these trucks listed as Chevrolets.

Carter

cfritschle

CMW has added photos of pre-production samples of the N scale IH R-190 semi-tractors with Lowboy trailers to their Facebook page.  https://www.facebook.com/classicmetalworksfans/photos/a.185217504845289/3099954743371536/?type=3&theater

I am not sure where the above link will take you, but where ever it lands, you should be able to scroll to find the two paint schemes for the R-190 and trailers.  :)

Carter

cfritschle

After you click on the link you will need to click on the photo to start the "slides" showing larger photos of the models.

Carter