welcome to new email list

Robin M

Welcome to the new Union county, New Jersey, USGenWeb email list. I used Rootsweb as a (free!) website, message board, and email list host since 1996, but with Ancestry.com’s purchase of the nonprofit Rootsweb many years ago, things were bound to change. I switched from Rootsweb as my domain host years ago. In 2016, some Rootsweb servers went down, which included many USGenWeb project sites and message boards, and Ancestry was not able to restore most of them. Following Ancestry’s notice of discontinuing the Rootsweb mailing lists, today I switched to Groups.io. I’m glad you joined me. This email group has not been as active as in its heyday, but I find there’s good reason to support it. Not everyone likes or uses social media.

Feel free to introduce yourself! Your questions, queries, and comments on NJ genealogy and history are welcome here. If you know of events related to NJ genealogy or history, particularly Union county, let us know. Good luck with your research endeavors.

https://www.facebook.com/NJUnionGenWeb/  NJUnion on social media

http://www.usgenwebsites.org/NJGenWeb/

https://www.usgenweb.org/ (always free! Run by volunteers)

—Robin Mason