Group DescriptionThe Northern Alberta Railways group was created for discussion of the Railways of Northern Alberta, both prototype and model. It is intended mainly for the discussion of the Northern Alberta Railways (NAR) between 1929 and 1981. The NAR was jointly owned by both CN and CP (50/50) until 1981 when CN assumed full ownership.
Discussion of other railways in Northern Alberta (past and present) is also encouraged. Some examples are: McArthur Lines (pre 1929), Great Slave Lake Division (CN Rail), Alberta Resource Railway (CN Rail), Mackenzie Northern (RailAmerica), Lakeland & Waterways (RailAmerica), Athabasca Northern (Cando Contracting), and Savage Alberta Railway (Ex Alberta RailNet).
Note: Discussion of Canadian Pacific, Canadian National, and the British Columbia Railway is accepted as long as it relates to the Railways of Northern Alberta.
- 183 Members
- 734 Topics, Last Post:
- Started on
- All subscribers can post to the group.
- Posts to this group do not require approval from the moderators.
- Posts from new users require approval from the moderators.
- Messages are set to reply to group.
- Subscriptions to this group do not require approval from the moderators.
- Archives are visible to anyone.
- Wiki is visible to subscribers only.
- Members can edit their messages.
- Members can set their subscriptions to no email.
Top Hashtags [See All]