Topics

Tournament Reopening Status Update

Neil Flood

All,

First, and foremost, I hope all our flyball members and their families are continuing to stay safe and healthy during the challenges presented by the COVID-19 pandemic. These are certainly trying times for everyone, and we’ve continued to monitor the health recommendations by the CDC, Health Canada, as well as guidance provided by leading infectious disease medical experts.

While we would all prefer to be out playing flyball in a safe and healthy manner, our first priority is the health and welfare of our members and the communities that we all live in. The NAFA Board of Directors met this weekend and discussed the timing of returning to racing.  While some geographies are improving others are seeing a rise in positive tests and hospitalizations and we still don’t know the impact of the overlapping influenza and COVID-19 seasons.

I want to provide our host clubs and participants as much lead time for planning as possible, therefore based on the current situation, NAFA will be suspending flyball events through the end of January 2021.  The Board will now begin evaluating the situation on a monthly basis with the hope that we will be able to return to racing soon.  The Board will also be putting together some recommendations and best practices for host clubs and competitors for keeping everyone safe when racing does resume.

As always, don’t hesitate to reach out to me with any questions. I hope everyone remains safe, and I look forward to the time when we can all meet in the lanes.

Sincerely,

Neil Flood

North American Flyball Association, Executive Director