Topics

NAFA Tournament Sanctioning Update

Neil Flood

All,

This weekend the NAFA Board of Directors met (via video teleconference) to discuss
amongst other things when we may reopen for tournaments. While our hope was to
potentially allow sanctioning to resume, the current spike across the US and Canada
coupled with new restrictions on gatherings dashed these hopes. We continue to
monitor the health recommendations by the CDC, Health Canada, as well as guidance
provided by leading infectious disease medical experts and individual states and
provinces. We are also encouraged by the news that an effective vaccine may soon
be available.
I want to provide our host clubs and participants as much lead time for planning as
possible therefore, based on the current situation, NAFA will be suspending flyball
events through the end of February 2021. The Board will meet again in mid-December
to continue to evaluate the situation and communicate with the NAFA community on a
monthly basis with the hope that we will be able to return to racing soon. While we
would all prefer to be out playing flyball in a safe and healthy manner, our first priority is
the health and welfare of our members and the communities that we all live in.
In the meantime, we are working on a set of recommendations / guidelines for host
clubs and competitors for keeping everyone safe when racing does resume. These will
be released well before racing resumes.
As we enter into the holiday season, the entire board hopes that you and your families
remain safe and healthy during this time. We look forward to the time when we can
meet again in the lanes.

As always, don’t hesitate to reach out to me with any questions.

Sincerely,
Neil Flood
North American Flyball Association, Executive Director