Iron Dog Award

ngarcia1701 <nancykgarcia@...>

At CanAm 2011, Executive Director Lee Heighton unveiled the new NAFA Iron Dog Award. A NAFA IRON DOG is a dog that has earned at least one NAFA point in ten consecutive racing years. Attached is a sample of the IRON DOG plaque.

For all qualifying Active status dogs (i.e. dogs that have earned a point in the last 18 months), they will automatically receive their Iron Dog plaque.

For qualifying Inactive/Retired/Deceased dogs, NAFA will be honored to provide a plaque for those special dogs. However, those will be issued only by request. An online request form will be on our website shortly.

IRON DOG plaques will be issued annually after the end of each NAFA racing year. Plaques for qualifying active dogs will be mailed to the Regional Directors for distribution.

Plaques issued via special request will also be mailed to the Regional Directors unless request to have the plaque mailed directly to the requestor has been received. Specific mailing preferences will be available on the order form.

The first group of Iron Dog plaques will be distributed shortly after the first of the year. Watch your NAFA News for more information and updates as we finalize all the details.

Nancy Garcia