WSJTx Country Needed Display aclog7.0 #wsjtx

wb0smx

From the release notes for the newly released 7.0 version of ACLOG, it looks like ACLOG will color needed countries.
In running with my wsjtx, I am seeing countries highlighted in the default green for needed country, even though I have worked that country before (on a different band).  Does ACLOG make these highlights based on individual bands, and possibly modes?  If so, it there a way to turn it off such that if I worked the country before on a different band or mode, it will not be highlighted?
Thanks for any clues...
--
Randy WB0SMX

Kevin Gray

Randy,

Unfortunately the “Default Color” in ACLog is the same as the “Default Color” used in WSJT-X for ANY call that contains “CQ” in it.

It can be changed in the settings of either program.

I did not notice this during initial testing, or I would have mentioned it earlier before the final release. The “Initial Default Color” is something the programmer will have to address, but it can be changed by the user to their own preference. (JTAlert also appears to use green for a call that contains CQ)

Kevin

N9VPV

From: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io> On Behalf Of wb0smx
Sent: Saturday, May 15, 2021 3:52 PM
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] WSJTx Country Needed Display aclog7.0 #wsjtx

From the release notes for the newly released 7.0 version of ACLOG, it looks like ACLOG will color needed countries.
In running with my wsjtx, I am seeing countries highlighted in the default green for needed country, even though I have worked that country before (on a different band).  Does ACLOG make these highlights based on individual bands, and possibly modes?  If so, it there a way to turn it off such that if I worked the country before on a different band or mode, it will not be highlighted?
Thanks for any clues...
--
Randy WB0SMX

Scott Davis

Hi Randy,

Thanks for your e-mail.  The status is band and mode specific.  You can disable the coloring from the WSJT Configuration form.

Be well and enjoy!

73, Kimberly, KA3SEQ

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

-----Original Message-----
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Sent: Sat, May 15, 2021 4:51 pm
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] WSJTx Country Needed Display aclog7.0 #wsjtx

Thanks for any clues...
--
Randy WB0SMX

wb0smx

Thanks for that info on the CQ color, Kevin.  That was not the problem, in my case.  I do not have the CQ box checked in WSJT, and only the callsign was green, not the whole line.  But I see that Scott confirmed my suspicion below.
Thanks again for responding, and 73...
--
Randy WB0SMX

wb0smx

Thanks for confirming my suspicion, Kimberly.  I also suspect the same holds true for grids and states, as I am seeing similar results with those showing as needed, when I have worked and confirmed them on other bands.  No big deal.  JTAlert provides the filtering I need for my specific circumstances.
Thanks for all of the work on aclog from you and Scott.  It's a great program that I have been using for many years.
--
Randy WB0SMX