Topics

Winter Field Day This Weekend - Please Use the Correct Program!

Scott Davis

Hi All,

Kimberly and I are receiving an unusually large number of e-mail from folks who are confused, thinking they can use the ARRL Field Day software for Winter Field Day this weekend.  The ARRL Field Day software is designed for the ARRL Field Day in June and won't work for this weekend's Winter Field Day contest.

Please be sure that you have installed and entered the correct password for the Winter Field Day software, which you will find here:

If you are a registered package user and can't find your Winter Field Day password, please e-mail us direct right away (don't wait until Saturday) and we will be happy to send it along.

Winter Field Day begins at 19:00 UTC Saturday and runs until 19:00 UTC Sunday. If you are planning a remote, networked setup, please be sure to get your equipment configured in advance!  All the networking details are here:

And here:

Complete Winter Field Day details are here:

I hope to work you this weekend!

Kenneth W. Campbell

H Scott,

I’m planning on working the contest using PSK-31 from out here on the Left Coast. Good luck to you and all the N3FJP Software users in the contest! 👍🏻😁
--
All the best,
Ken N6PCD

phil@...

Where do I find a PDF-style manual for WFD log?

Does the program know how to look up the prospective call sign to see if it's likely?  IE, that it's a known contester or that it has been seen at FD before?  If YES, then do I need Internet connectivity for anything?  All I am doing now is setting up an isolated WiFi AP so the laptops can talk together, but there won't be an Internet gateway too - is this a problem?

Phuil, AF6AV, in CA

Scott Davis

Hi Phuil,

Thanks for your e-mail.  You will find detailed help for all of my software here (sorry no PDFs):

Winter Field Day works much like Field Day, which is explained in detail in this video here:

http://www.n3fjp.com/faq.html#q78

You'll need Internet to set up Super Check Partial to download the call signs to check, but once downloaded, you won't need Internet to use the feature.  Click Settings > Super Check Partial to enable, before you head out to the remote location.

Enjoy Winter Field Day!