Topics

Winter Field Day - Fldigi - how to log when entering is complete

Megin Murphy

I am using fldigi for Winter Field Day and it is working with entering the data I need in the N3FJP software, but how do I get it to log once my qso is finished?  Is there a function in fldigi I have to use or in N3FJP?

73, Megin, K5IJ

Ryan Trullinger (KC0QNB)

I hit the log (save) button in FLDIGI, but it didn't carry over to N3FJP WFD log, not sure why yet.

Megin Murphy

Where is the log save button?  Can’t find it.  lol

From: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io> On Behalf Of Ryan Trullinger (KC0QNB)
Sent: Saturday, January 25, 2020 1:26 PM
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Subject: Re: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Winter Field Day - Fldigi - how to log when entering is complete

I hit the log (save) button in FLDIGI, but it didn't carry over to N3FJP WFD log, not sure why yet.

Megin Murphy

Oh I see the log save button.  You’re right….that doesn’t get it to save on N3FJP.

From: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io> On Behalf Of Megin Murphy via Groups.Io
Sent: Saturday, January 25, 2020 1:32 PM
Subject: Re: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Winter Field Day - Fldigi - how to log when entering is complete

From: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io> On Behalf Of Ryan Trullinger (KC0QNB)

Megin Murphy

It is actually working now.  I hit the Save button and it completed the action in N3FJP.

From: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io> On Behalf Of Megin Murphy via Groups.Io
Sent: Saturday, January 25, 2020 1:35 PM

Oh I see the log save button.  You’re right….that doesn’t get it to save on N3FJP.

Sent: Saturday, January 25, 2020 1:32 PM

Ryan Trullinger (KC0QNB)

Were you Using the Winter Field Day log from N3FJP? What did you do? I am still having issues, but working on it.

Megin Murphy

Yes, I’m using N3FJP’s WFD log and I’m just hitting the save button on fldigi and it finishes the process in N3FJP.

Sent: Saturday, January 25, 2020 2:08 PM

Were you Using the Winter Field Day log from N3FJP? What did you do? I am still having issues, but working on it.

Ryan Trullinger (KC0QNB)

Mine is still not working, I think it is a setup error. I just restarted both programs, will see here in a bit.

Megin Murphy

Well, shoot.  Hope you get it working.  It helps by a second or so.  Activity isn’t crazy, so that isn’t an awful issue for WFD.

Sent: Saturday, January 25, 2020 2:58 PM

Mine is still not working, I think it is a setup error. I just restarted both programs, will see here in a bit.

Ryan Trullinger (KC0QNB)

FLDIGI is trying to connect, but the WFD log is not answering, I am quitting for now. There must be a config error somewhere.

Ryan Trullinger (KC0QNB)

Finally appears to be working.

Scott Davis

Hi Ryan,

This page here will get you going:

Enjoy!

73, Scott
N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

-----Original Message-----
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io>
Sent: Sat, Jan 25, 2020 4:14 pm

FLDIGI is trying to connect, but the WFD log is not answering, I am quitting for now. There must be a config error somewhere.

Megin Murphy

Sometimes it just takes walking away!  Glad it’s working!

73, Megin, K5IJ

Sent: Saturday, January 25, 2020 3:18 PM

Finally appears to be working.

Frank MacKenzie-Lamb

Make sure your settings have API enabled….

Sent: Saturday, January 25, 2020 2:26 PM

Frank MacKenzie-Lamb

Be certain to enable API in the software so it carries it to N3FJP

Sent: Saturday, January 25, 2020 3:58 PM