Topics

Winkeyer Issue #contest

k6jta@...

Using info gained here on the reflector, I was able to set up my ICOM 7600 and Winkeyer for the California QSO Party.  Now I am setting up for the ARRL Nov Sweeps.  Have put all the same info in N3FJP software, did rig interface and Winkeryer set up.  In ARRL Nov Sweeps, when I hit an F Key it keys a sidetone, but will not key the transmitter.  What and I doing wrong?
Thank
Ron
K6JTA

Scott Davis

Hi Ron,

Thanks for your e-mail.  The CW keying code in all my software is identical.  Make sure you have the correct port selected here:

Capture.JPG

That will likely do the trick.

Enjoy!

73, Scott
N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

-----Original Message-----
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Sent: Sun, Oct 11, 2020 6:01 pm
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Winkeyer Issue #contest

Using info gained here on the reflector, I was able to set up my ICOM 7600 and Winkeyer for the California QSO Party.  Now I am setting up for the ARRL Nov Sweeps.  Have put all the same info in N3FJP software, did rig interface and Winkeryer set up.  In ARRL Nov Sweeps, when I hit an F Key it keys a sidetone, but will not key the transmitter.  What and I doing wrong?
Thank
Ron
K6JTA