Topics

WFD2.7 won't start new contest log when using TCP/IP

W5DET

This might be something to look at before next year.
Win7 on two nearly identical laptops, tcp/ip method.
Selecting File | New | Start a new contest with current database ...
does not result in clearing the current database.  In fact, nothing happens while using tcp/ip.

When I switch to File Share method, the behavior is correct, i.e., the database is cleared in preparation for a new contest.

This is a report of observed behavior, not a request for any kind of help.

73, y'all,
Doug Thompson, W5DET

Scott Davis

Hi Doug,

Thanks for your e-mail.  In TCP mode, only the server PC can perform that function.  Lots more details are here:

http://n3fjp.com/help/networkinghelp.html

If you have any additional questions, I have lots of support for you on:

- Our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page:  http://www.n3fjp.com/faq.html  (the vast majority of commonly asked questions are answered right here).

- Our website help section:  http://www.n3fjp.com/help/index.html

- Our YouTube channel:  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLkxw9QX84F4tFyX8JavCOD3XVUS5Dsznw

And if you still have questions after reviewing all the resources above, please feel free to search the topics and / or e-mail us on our users support e-mail group:  https://groups.io/g/N3FJPSoftwareUsers

This might be something to look at before next year.
Win7 on two nearly identical laptops, tcp/ip method.
Selecting File | New | Start a new contest with current database ...
does not result in clearing the current database.  In fact, nothing happens while using tcp/ip.

When I switch to File Share method, the behavior is correct, i.e., the database is cleared in preparation for a new contest.

This is a report of observed behavior, not a request for any kind of help.

73, y'all,
Doug Thompson, W5DET

W5DET

Scott,
I apologize for failing to include I was working from the server.  Its name: "wfdserver" so I won't be confused.
I haven't observed this behavior in any of your other programs but the two "FD/WFD" packages are the only ones we use routinely with more than one computer.  I will look at some others to see if this strictly is a local problem.

--Doug, W5DET

Scott Davis

Hi Doug,

Thanks for your follow up.  It is the same code shared in all the software, so the behavior must be identical.  That said, to triple check, I just created a new database here with WFD in TCP mode fine.