Topics

VHF.EXE Startup

Mike Abbott

Dear Group

When starting VHF.EXE, the program appears to wait forever with the message ‘Loading Log Data’.  This is most likely due to a broken network link/path to the data file.  I understand that.  My question is:  How can I reinitialize the path (even to a default)?  Is there some sort of soft switch or argument I can put in the command line to reset the path to the data file? 

Uninstall/Reinstall does not help the situation, so I’m stuck.

Thanks,

Mike = KK4MA

EM92vx75ps

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Scott Davis

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your e-mail.  I'm sorry that you've run into trouble.  The software should return an error if the path is broken, so I am wondering if your protection software is clamping down on the software.

In any case, you can open the Settings.xml file and change the path.  The file will be located in a directory along the lines of:

C:\Users\YourWindowsUserProfile\My Documents\Affirmatech\N3FJP Software\VHF

The path to change will be here:

<USERPATHFILE>C:\Users\snkda\My Documents\Affirmatech\N3FJP Software\VHF\2020ARRLSep.mdb</USERPATHFILE>

Enjoy!

73, Scott
N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

-----Original Message-----
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io>
Sent: Sun, Sep 20, 2020 10:10 am
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] VHF.EXE Startup

Dear Group

When starting VHF.EXE, the program appears to wait forever with the message ‘Loading Log Data’.  This is most likely due to a broken network link/path to the data file.  I understand that.  My question is:  How can I reinitialize the path (even to a default)?  Is there some sort of soft switch or argument I can put in the command line to reset the path to the data file? 

Uninstall/Reinstall does not help the situation, so I’m stuck.

Thanks,
Mike = KK4MA
EM92vx75ps

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Mike Abbott

It worked perfectly!

As they say down in FM02, "You Da Man"!

Thanks,
Mike