Topics

Vhf contest setup

kc6mie

I have vhf contest loaded on two different laptops. for the ARRl January vhf sweepstakes in the setup it is asking for a six digit grid square on one computer but not both. Both contest are ver 6.5. Today’s contest only requires a 4 digit one? How come the difference?

Stephen Spencer

Scott Davis

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for your e-mail.  For the PC prompting for a 6 digit grid, select the January VHF option from the contest option drop down list.

Enjoy!

73, Scott
N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

-----Original Message-----
To: AC Log Group <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io>
Sent: Sat, Jan 16, 2021 5:19 pm
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Vhf contest setup

I have vhf contest loaded on two different laptops.  for the ARRl January vhf sweepstakes in the setup it is asking for a six digit grid square on one computer but not both.  Both contest are ver 6.5.  Today’s contest only requires a 4 digit one?  How come the difference?

Stephen Spencer

kc6mie

I did select January vhf and in the setup it requires a 6 digit grid.  The contest only requires  a 4.  I have 6.5 loaded on two laptops.  One requires a 4 and one requires a 6.  Why the difference?

Stephen Spencer

On Jan 16, 2021, at 4:20 PM, Scott Davis via groups.io <SNKDavis@...> wrote:

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for your e-mail.  For the PC prompting for a 6 digit grid, select the January VHF option from the contest option drop down list.

Enjoy!

73, Scott
N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

I have vhf contest loaded on two different laptops.  for the ARRl January vhf sweepstakes in the setup it is asking for a six digit grid square on one computer but not both.  Both contest are ver 6.5.  Today’s contest only requires a 4 digit one?  How come the difference?

Stephen Spencer

Scott Davis

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for your follow up.  Version 6.5 is version 6.5, the only reason it would exhibit different behavior is because you have different settings.  When set identically, they will work identically.  There have been no other problem reports and it is working fine here.  

I just double checked and the program allows me to click Done from this form with these settings:

Capture.JPG

Please send along a screen shot of your Setup form and we will do our best to help.

Enjoy!

73, Scott
N3FJP

To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Sent: Sat, Jan 16, 2021 7:30 pm
Subject: Re: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Vhf contest setup

I did select January vhf and in the setup it requires a 6 digit grid.  The contest only requires  a 4.  I have 6.5 loaded on two laptops.  One requires a 4 and one requires a 6.  Why the difference?

Stephen Spencer

Hi Stephen,

Enjoy!

73, Scott
N3FJP

Stephen Spencer

kc6mie

Scott, I went in to setup and the one that was asking for a six digit grid, I had selected the wrong contest.  I had ARRL 220 selected.  Op error of course.  Thanks for your quick replies.
73 de Kc6mie

Stephen Spencer

On Jan 17, 2021, at 3:37 AM, Scott Davis via groups.io <SNKDavis@...> wrote:

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for your follow up.  Version 6.5 is version 6.5, the only reason it would exhibit different behavior is because you have different settings.  When set identically, they will work identically.  There have been no other problem reports and it is working fine here.  

I just double checked and the program allows me to click Done from this form with these settings:

<Capture.JPG>

Please send along a screen shot of your Setup form and we will do our best to help.

Enjoy!

73, Scott
N3FJP

To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Sent: Sat, Jan 16, 2021 7:30 pm
Subject: Re: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Vhf contest setup

Stephen Spencer

Hi Stephen,

Enjoy!

73, Scott
N3FJP

Stephen Spencer

<Capture.JPG>