VHF Contest Log

n0urw@...

Question.
The mode select option changes the mode for all vhf/uhf frequencies 6 thru 3 cm when a different mode is selected.
Anyway you can break this down so each band has it's own mode select option.
Adding a third line below the contact/grid count for each band that has the mode selected for that particular band would be great.
It would also be great if you could mouse click on the mode that is displayed for any specific frequency and have a drop down window to select a quick mode change
I run digital and phone on all the bands 6 thru 23 cm. Constantly changing modes depending on which band I'm on.
Having to keep switching the mode from the option at the top menu takes time away from making contacts.
Going back to edit the contacts also takes time away from making contacts.
Running single operator 2 radio really has it's challenges.
Keep up the good work, 
73, Daniel  N0URW

Scott Davis

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your e-mail and suggestions. We'll keep it in mind for the future.

Be well and enjoy!

73, Kimberly, KA3SEQ

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

-----Original Message-----
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Sent: Thu, Apr 8, 2021 12:10 am
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] VHF Contest Log

Question.
The mode select option changes the mode for all vhf/uhf frequencies 6 thru 3 cm when a different mode is selected.
Adding a third line below the contact/grid count for each band that has the mode selected for that particular band would be great.
It would also be great if you could mouse click on the mode that is displayed for any specific frequency and have a drop down window to select a quick mode change
I run digital and phone on all the bands 6 thru 23 cm. Constantly changing modes depending on which band I'm on.
Having to keep switching the mode from the option at the top menu takes time away from making contacts.
Keep up the good work, 
73, Daniel  N0URW

Tom Ellis

Reply’s inserted in the Original.

Tom

K5TEE

From: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io [mailto:N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io] On Behalf Of n0urw via groups.io
Sent: Wednesday, April 07, 2021 10:11 PM
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] VHF Contest Log

Question.

Having the rigs interfaced and using CTL + X to switch between them will accomplish this.

At the top of the program, where the different tabs are, there is a mode drop down tab that can select any mode desired. Unless you have rig control on, then that takes precedent.

Rig control will make this faster. Just by using CTL + X to switch between rigs.

You can make the edits after the contest is over.

Keep up the good work, 
73, Daniel  N0URW