VHF contest contacts not being counted

Steve J. Noll, WA6EJO

June 2021 VHF Contest Log 6.4 - my 6 cm, 9 cm, 13 cm and .5 mm (lightwave) contacts are not being counted. They are entered. The  6 cm, 9 cm, and 13 cm contacts don’t appear in the band columns. 45 contacts are entered but the total is shown as 44.

Steve J. Noll, WA6EJO

I figured out the total count error, but none of the other errors.

Jim Polewczak

Steve
the current version of the software is 6.6, not 6.4.  Maybe that is part of the problem.  I have never used those bands, so i don't know if the previous versions of the software handled it properly or not.
V 6.6 does have those bands you mentioned in the lookup band box.

Jim KG2H

Scott Davis

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your e-mail.  I'm sorry that you have run into trouble.  I just double checked and when configured properly, the VHF software is accurately applying points for all bands:

Capture.PNG

Points are determined on entry, so for points to be calculated properly, you must have the software set to the proper band before pressing enter.  You also must have the proper contest selected in setup before entering the contact as well:

Capture2.PNG

If you forgot to select the correct contest or did an ADIF import from another program that did not assign points, don't worry, the ARRL contest robot will recalculate your score anyway.  Points are just for your information, so go ahead and send in your log.

I ended up using https://b4h.net/cabforms/ to send in my entry. Much less confusing and score ended up being correct. There certainly is a mess in how different outfits use different nomenclature, exspecially for the upper bands. Is it 5 cm or 5.8 or 5.9? and .5 mm seemed to be a no-go.