Version 7 new country alert on WSJT

Joe Hoffman

Version 7 is very nice and the upgrade could not have been any easier!

I have only one suggestion and it concerns the “unconfirmed entity” function for WSJT.

As I understand it the only possible setting is for new on band AND/OR mode. If this cannot be changed by the user I would suggest a change in the default setting for the following reason.

Assume a ham has over 300 entities confirmed on 20m, all before FT8 was invented. Now they want to look for the last 30 countries they need and hope to use FT8 to do that.

As version 7 currently works (correct me if I’m wrong) ALL entities will color as new on 20m since they haven’t been confirmed on 20m FT8. The fact that they are confirmed on CW/SSB will not matter.

Wouldn't it be more useful information to only flag the 30 needed countries vs ALL countries?

Thanks for your consideration.

73,

Joe, W8JH

Scott Davis

Hi Joe,

Thanks for your thoughts and suggestions.  Right now, you can toggle between the specific digital mode and all digital modes on the configuration form.  We will keep extending that to other, non digital modes in mind for the future.

Be well and enjoy!

73, Kimberly, KA3SEQ

[...]

sailing8

Scott,

 Nice work on the direct connect to WSJT in ACL, but is that also going to be available on the 2021 FD log (not seen on ver 6.5)?

Thanks,
Randy K8TR

Scott Davis

Hi Randy,

Thanks for your e-mail.  Here is what Scott wrote in our most recent announcement:

Our beta testers are really excited about this new functionality and have been asking if we will have time to add the direct connection to WSJT-X to our Field Day log. Yes, we have been working on Field Day simultaneously and hope to have an announcement on that in the next week or so (and Lord willing, we definitely plan to accommodate the next VHF and World Wide Digi DX contests this year, too)!

Thanks for your kind words on the software!

Be well and enjoy!

73, Kimberly, KA3SEQ