VA QSO OOS party issue

Bob TK

Whenever I tab from the callsign field to sequence or county, the list of contacts blanks out.  It can easily be restored by clicking All or Last 20, so there is a workaround. (VA out of state)

I've tried two different radios, a TS590SG and an FT-991A,  which use different COM ports, and the problem incurs on both.  I've also tried closing the VA log program, and opening a recently held party, like WI.  The problem does not occur on any previous party log on either radio.

The operation of all other program functions is unaffected - all work properly.  

thanks!  Bob KE8VU 

Scott Davis

Hi Bob,

Thanks for your e-mail. From the menu options select Settings > List Previous Contacts When Tabbing ... should be unchecked so you can still see all the stations you have worked.

Be well and enjoy!

73, Kimberly, KA3SEQ

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

-----Original Message-----
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Sent: Sun, Mar 21, 2021 1:29 pm
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] VA QSO OOS party issue

Whenever I tab from the callsign field to sequence or county, the list of contacts blanks out.  It can easily be restored by clicking All or Last 20, so there is a workaround. (VA out of state)

I've tried two different radios, a TS590SG and an FT-991A,  which use different COM ports, and the problem incurs on both.  I've also tried closing the VA log program, and opening a recently held party, like WI.  The problem does not occur on any previous party log on either radio.

thanks!  Bob KE8VU 

Bob TK

That was it!  I must have accidentally set that while setting up the rig or the spots.

Thanks for your help!

Bob 

On Sun, Mar 21, 2021 at 4:10 PM Scott Davis via groups.io <SNKDavis=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi Bob,

Thanks for your e-mail. From the menu options select Settings > List Previous Contacts When Tabbing ... should be unchecked so you can still see all the stations you have worked.

Be well and enjoy!

73, Kimberly, KA3SEQ

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

Whenever I tab from the callsign field to sequence or county, the list of contacts blanks out.  It can easily be restored by clicking All or Last 20, so there is a workaround. (VA out of state)

I've tried two different radios, a TS590SG and an FT-991A,  which use different COM ports, and the problem incurs on both.  I've also tried closing the VA log program, and opening a recently held party, like WI.  The problem does not occur on any previous party log on either radio.

thanks!  Bob KE8VU 

--
Where your treasures lie, there will your heart be also.  Matthew 16

James Goff

Kimberly:  I am using 6.8. Tried to find "Settings>List Previous Contacts When Tabbing"  but couldn't find it.  
73, W1JHG

-Jim

James H. Goff
207-944-3297 (c)

On Sun, Mar 21, 2021 at 4:10 PM Scott Davis via groups.io <SNKDavis=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi Bob,

Be well and enjoy!

73, Kimberly, KA3SEQ

Whenever I tab from the callsign field to sequence or county, the list of contacts blanks out.  It can easily be restored by clicking All or Last 20, so there is a workaround. (VA out of state)

I've tried two different radios, a TS590SG and an FT-991A,  which use different COM ports, and the problem incurs on both.  I've also tried closing the VA log program, and opening a recently held party, like WI.  The problem does not occur on any previous party log on either radio.

thanks!  Bob KE8VU 

Scott Davis

Hi Jim,

Thanks for your e-mail. You should be using the Virginia State QSO Party (out of state) Log for this contest, not AC Log. AC Log is for general contacts only. To change AC Log's behavior, click Settings > List Matches... and deselect Call.

Be well and enjoy!

73, Kimberly, KA3SEQ

Sent: Mon, Mar 22, 2021 12:29 pm
Subject: Re: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] VA QSO OOS party issue

Kimberly:  I am using 6.8. Tried to find "Settings>List Previous Contacts When Tabbing"  but couldn't find it.  
73, W1JHG

-Jim

James H. Goff
207-944-3297 (c)

Hi Bob,

Be well and enjoy!

73, Kimberly, KA3SEQ

thanks!  Bob KE8VU 

James Goff

Hi......This one may have gotten lost in the midst of emails on other more serious issues. Still looking for the setting “Settings>List Previous Contacts When Tabbing”.

On Mon, Mar 22, 2021 at 12:29 PM James Goff via groups.io <goffmaine=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
73, W1JHG

-Jim

James H. Goff
207-944-3297 (c)

Hi Bob,

Be well and enjoy!

73, Kimberly, KA3SEQ

thanks!  Bob KE8VU 

--
i

Scott Davis

We responded:

Hi Jim,

Thanks for your e-mail. You should be using the Virginia State QSO Party (out of state) Log for this contest, not AC Log. AC Log is for general contacts only. To change AC Log's behavior, click Settings > List Matches... and deselect Call.

Bob was using the VAQP Log. You wrote that you were using 6.8 (which would be AC Log). This menu option is not in AC Log.

Be well and enjoy!

73, Kimberly, KA3SEQ

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io

73, W1JHG

-Jim

James H. Goff
207-944-3297 (c)

On Sun, Mar 21, 2021 at 4:10 PM Scott Davis via groups.io <SNKDavis=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi Bob,

Be well and enjoy!

73, Kimberly, KA3SEQ

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

thanks!  Bob KE8VU 

James Goff

Got it, thanks!

On Tue, Mar 23, 2021 at 8:23 AM Scott Davis via groups.io <SNKDavis=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
We responded:

Hi Jim,

Bob was using the VAQP Log. You wrote that you were using 6.8 (which would be AC Log). This menu option is not in AC Log.

Be well and enjoy!

73, Kimberly, KA3SEQ

73, W1JHG

-Jim

James H. Goff
207-944-3297 (c)

On Sun, Mar 21, 2021 at 4:10 PM Scott Davis via groups.io <SNKDavis=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi Bob,

Be well and enjoy!

73, Kimberly, KA3SEQ

thanks!  Bob KE8VU 

--
i

Larry Banks

Hi James,

This is in Scott’s contest software packages, not ACLog.

73 -- Larry -- W1DYJ

Sent: Tuesday, March 23, 2021 7:18

Hi......This one may have gotten lost in the midst of emails on other more serious issues. Still looking for the setting “Settings>List Previous Contacts When Tabbing”.

On Mon, Mar 22, 2021 at 12:29 PM James Goff via groups.io <goffmaine=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Kimberly:  I am using 6.8. Tried to find "Settings>List Previous Contacts When Tabbing"  but couldn't find it.  
73, W1JHG

-Jim

James H. Goff
207-944-3297 (c)

Hi Bob,

Be well and enjoy!

73, Kimberly, KA3SEQ

Whenever I tab from the callsign field to sequence or county, the list of contacts blanks out.  It can easily be restored by clicking All or Last 20, so there is a workaround. (VA out of state)

I've tried two different radios, a TS590SG and an FT-991A,  which use different COM ports, and the problem incurs on both.  I've also tried closing the VA log program, and opening a recently held party, like WI.  The problem does not occur on any previous party log on either radio.

thanks!  Bob KE8VU
--
i