Topics

using contest loggers to send CW

John Miller

I got a cable on amazon to go from the usb port of my computer and
send CW with the straight key jack. I believe it uses RTS though there
is no info with it. No matter how I set it though, as soon as I open
the software, mostly tested with the 10 meter contest logger since
that's the next contest I plan to participate in, as soon as I open
the software it's like someone's holding a straight key down, just a
constant tone. Is this a software setting I need to change or is it
something with the cable? radio is a ts-590S not the G version. I have
another cable with the 1/4 jack I tried that with an adapter but the
computer doesn't like that one, it will this computer just is a pain
about anything I add to it for some reason and I don't feel like going
through the hassle of setting up another device on this nightmare
computer if I don't have to. I'm guessing there is no way to send CW
with the usb port in the radio as there is with some? I rather send by
hand but you know the odd contest now and then it's nice to have that
for stored CW reports and stuff.
Thanks,

Frank MacKenzie-Lamb

I had that happen also.......try DTS first and figure from there

Frank
NG1I