From: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io> on behalf of John <radio@...>
Sent: Tuesday, February 16, 2021 12:57:49 PM
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io>
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Use byfamily members?

In our household we have three hams.  I have the CD and have used several of the programs.  Our son, K0ELY, is now getting interested in HF.

Question:  What must I do to setup our station so that our son can use AClog, etc.?

  1.  Can he use my copy, and if so...
  2.  How should it be set up (we use the same equipment on HF), and 3...
  3.  If wife/mom, W0ELY, gets active on HF, same question for her use as #2.

John,  W0GN

Mike Olbrisch

Easiest way is three different user accounts on the computer, every operator logs in with their own account.

Vy73  –  Mike  –  KD5KC –  El Paso – Texas  –  DM61.

ADVENTURE:  The respectful pursuit of trouble.   An EXIT is really an

ENTRANCE to someplace new.

In our household we have three hams.  I have the CD and have used several of the programs.  Our son, K0ELY, is now getting interested in HF.

Question:  What must I do to setup our station so that our son can use AClog, etc.?

  1.  Can he use my copy, and if so...
  2.  How should it be set up (we use the same equipment on HF), and 3...
  3.  If wife/mom, W0ELY, gets active on HF, same question for her use as #2.

John,  W0GN

Tom & Barb Valosin

The multiple user approach works quite well. My son and I do that at each others QTH when we are visiting. I can use his computer when I am in Australia and he can use my computer when he is State-side. He is KK2V here and VK2KDP at home in Oz and I am WB2KLD here at home in the USA and VK2RSG in Oz. There have been no problems doing that. Each of us has the log set up as we wish.

On 2/16/2021 2:00 PM, Justin Lentz KF5IVJ wrote:
I am enclosing a FAQ that Scott has on his website

Justin Lentz KF5IVJ
Ellis County Amateur Radio Club President and Program Officer