Topics

Unable to Access Data Folder

Stan K4SBZ

I am trying to load some new contest logs and I am getting a message: Unable to access data folder: I can load logs for contests previously downloaded, but not any that have just been downloaded.and installed.

The installation default file is
C:\ProgramFiles(x86)\N3FJP Software - Affirmatech\<Contest name>

The file it is looking for, however, is:
C:\users\<User Name>\OneDrive\Documents\Affirmatech\N3FJP Software\<Contest Name>

The message says to "give this software proper permissions in your protection program...." I have tried various ways of controlling access to the folder without luck.

What might I be doing wrong with the installation (I accept all defaults) or where and how do I give the necessary permissions?

Stan, K4SBZ

Scott Davis

Hi Stan,

Thanks for your e-mail. Sorry you have run into trouble. It sounds like your User Profile settings are defaulting to One Drive rather than your hard drive. Either set your One Drive settings to allow the installer to perform the install or change the default settings as detailed here:

http://www.n3fjp.com/faq.html#q119

Be well and enjoy!

73, Kimberly, KA3SEQ

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

-----Original Message-----
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Sent: Fri, Feb 12, 2021 4:41 pm
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Unable to Access Data Folder

I am trying to load some new contest logs and I am getting a message: Unable to access data folder: I can load logs for contests previously downloaded, but not any that have just been downloaded.and installed.

The installation default file is
C:\ProgramFiles(x86)\N3FJP Software - Affirmatech\<Contest name>

The file it is looking for, however, is:
C:\users\<User Name>\OneDrive\Documents\Affirmatech\N3FJP Software\<Contest Name>

The message says to "give this software proper permissions in your protection program...." I have tried various ways of controlling access to the folder without luck.

What might I be doing wrong with the installation (I accept all defaults) or where and how do I give the necessary permissions?

Stan, K4SBZ