Topics

TS-890S Setup Problem

Steven Smith

I have successfully setup N3FPJ on a new laptop running Windows 10, connected to our portable TS-590SG used for POTA.

Setup on our base rig, TS-890S, has run into a problem and I'm thinking it might be a Windows 10 issue.

The Base Rig Computer runs Ham Radio Deluxe, WSJT-X with JT Alert, Fldigi, N1MM+ Logger on COM 5 at 115200 Baud and ARCP-890 Remote Control program for the TS-890S using the LAN connection.

Each of these run one at a time with no problems.

When I start Amateur Contact Log, I receive these messages in sequence.

This is the Rig Interface with Baud rate at 115200,

And then when I try to Test the connection, I get this message.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Steve K3SKS

Scott Davis

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your e-mail. I'm sorry that you've run into trouble. I really appreciate all the detailed messages you are receiving.

The first error that states the device is not functioning is leading to the rest in a domino effect. That error is being returned from Windows when you attempt to open the port. I'm by no means a Windows guru, but I can only guess that it is a malfunction with the device driver or the hardware itself.

I'm sorry that I do not have any suggestions for this. Hopefully, someone else on the group will have something to offer.

Be well and enjoy!

73, Kimberly, KA3SEQ

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

-----Original Message-----
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Sent: Mon, Feb 8, 2021 10:21 am
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] TS-890S Setup Problem

I have successfully setup N3FPJ on a new laptop running Windows 10, connected to our portable TS-590SG used for POTA.

Setup on our base rig, TS-890S, has run into a problem and I'm thinking it might be a Windows 10 issue.

The Base Rig Computer runs Ham Radio Deluxe, WSJT-X with JT Alert, Fldigi, N1MM+ Logger on COM 5 at 115200 Baud and ARCP-890 Remote Control program for the TS-890S using the LAN connection.

Each of these run one at a time with no problems.

When I start Amateur Contact Log, I receive these messages in sequence.

This is the Rig Interface with Baud rate at 115200,

And then when I try to Test the connection, I get this message.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Steve K3SKS