Topics

TS-890S Setup Problem

Steven Smith

I have successfully setup N3FPJ on a new laptop running Windows 10, connected to our portable TS-590SG used for POTA.

Setup on our base rig, TS-890S, has run into a problem and I'm thinking it might be a Windows 10 issue.

The Base Rig Computer runs Ham Radio Deluxe, WSJT-X with JT Alert, Fldigi, N1MM+ Logger on COM 5 at 115200 Baud and ARCP-890 Remote Control program for the TS-890S using the LAN connection.

Each of these run one at a time with no problems.

When I start Amateur Contact Log, I receive these messages in sequence.

This is the Rig Interface with Baud rate at 115200,

And then when I try to Test the connection, I get this message.

Steve K3SKS

Scott Davis

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your e-mail. I'm sorry that you've run into trouble. I really appreciate all the detailed messages you are receiving.

The first error that states the device is not functioning is leading to the rest in a domino effect. That error is being returned from Windows when you attempt to open the port. I'm by no means a Windows guru, but I can only guess that it is a malfunction with the device driver or the hardware itself.

I'm sorry that I do not have any suggestions for this. Hopefully, someone else on the group will have something to offer.

Be well and enjoy!

73, Kimberly, KA3SEQ