Topics

TS-590SG won't transmit audio on first press of F key

zclobes

I'm operating the November Sweeps right now, and I'm struggling with my 590SG getting it to send audio. During testing this weekend, the audio was kind of flaky but I thought I had it working. Once the contest started through (I had shut the radio off since testing this morning) in order to transmit my callsign or exchange, I'd have to hit the F key twice.

The first time I'd hit the F key, it would put the radio into transmit mode, but it wouldn't pass audio until the second time I'd press the F key. So basically I have to double-click the key. Once I do this work-around, it works OK although one time it send the .wav file twice resulting in an echo (I'm listening via sidetone).

I'm connected via a USB cable on the Kenwood2 interface. Rig polling is working fine and it updates my frequency/mode just fine.

zclobes

I just had another change in behavior. During the middle of a contact, my audio output suddenly switched from the radio (USB CODEC) to my HDMI-connected monitor. I had it calling my callsign to initiate the contact, then when I tried to send my check/section it suddenly switched.

Bob Smallwood

That sounds exactly like RF in the shack. Did you just switch bands?
Bob N3FM