Topics

TS-590SG won't transmit audio on first press of F key

zclobes

I'm operating the November Sweeps right now, and I'm struggling with my 590SG getting it to send audio. During testing this weekend, the audio was kind of flaky but I thought I had it working. Once the contest started through (I had shut the radio off since testing this morning) in order to transmit my callsign or exchange, I'd have to hit the F key twice.

The first time I'd hit the F key, it would put the radio into transmit mode, but it wouldn't pass audio until the second time I'd press the F key. So basically I have to double-click the key. Once I do this work-around, it works OK although one time it send the .wav file twice resulting in an echo (I'm listening via sidetone).

I'm connected via a USB cable on the Kenwood2 interface. Rig polling is working fine and it updates my frequency/mode just fine.

zclobes

I just had another change in behavior. During the middle of a contact, my audio output suddenly switched from the radio (USB CODEC) to my HDMI-connected monitor. I had it calling my callsign to initiate the contact, then when I tried to send my check/section it suddenly switched.

Bob Smallwood

That sounds exactly like RF in the shack. Did you just switch bands? 
Bob N3FM 

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

-------- Original message --------
Date: 11/21/20 10:11 PM (GMT-05:00)
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Subject: Re: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] TS-590SG won't transmit audio on first press of F key

I just had another change in behavior. During the middle of a contact, my audio output suddenly switched from the radio (USB CODEC) to my HDMI-connected monitor. I had it calling my callsign to initiate the contact, then when I tried to send my check/section it suddenly switched.

zclobes

That's a good thought but yes, I have tried multiple bands, and it doesn't matter if the linear (~500W) is running or not.

To further test this, I unplugged everything I could from the laptop (power, ext monitor, usb stuff besides the rig itself) and repeated the test. It still behaved the exact same.

Frank MacKenzie-Lamb

Some problem as me using the ic-7300 and Heil head set

From: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io> On Behalf Of zclobes
Sent: Saturday, November 21, 2020 8:03 PM
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] TS-590SG won't transmit audio on first press of F key

I'm operating the November Sweeps right now, and I'm struggling with my 590SG getting it to send audio. During testing this weekend, the audio was kind of flaky but I thought I had it working. Once the contest started through (I had shut the radio off since testing this morning) in order to transmit my callsign or exchange, I'd have to hit the F key twice.

The first time I'd hit the F key, it would put the radio into transmit mode, but it wouldn't pass audio until the second time I'd press the F key. So basically I have to double-click the key. Once I do this work-around, it works OK although one time it send the .wav file twice resulting in an echo (I'm listening via sidetone).

I'm connected via a USB cable on the Kenwood2 interface. Rig polling is working fine and it updates my frequency/mode just fine.

zclobes

Mine all of a sudden started working. For some reason my radio went into VOX mode after I had a windows system "ding" that got transmitted. Ever since then, I turned off the PTT setting inside of FJP and now it's working fine via VOX.

It's been frustrating - I'm afraid to turn off the rig today.