Topics

Transfer of QSO from contest logs th ACL vis API

Mel Marcus

Awhile ago someone suggested that i could transfer contest logs to the ACL via API. I never got a response on how to do. currently i export and adif file from the contest software to the desktop, then i import the adif file into ACL. if there is and easier why, I would appreciate the procedure.

Mel NE9A

Scott Davis

Hi Mel,

Thanks for your e-mail.  You'll find that FAQ here:

http://www.n3fjp.com/faq.html#q6

Enjoy!

73, Scott
N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

-----Original Message-----
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io>
Sent: Wed, Nov 4, 2020 10:20 pm
Subject: Re: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Transfer of QSO from contest logs th ACL vis API

Awhile ago someone suggested that i could transfer contest logs to the ACL via API. I never got a response on how to do. currently i export and adif file from the contest software to the desktop, then i import the adif file into ACL. if there is and easier why, I would appreciate the procedure.

Mel NE9A

Mel Marcus

Scott 

Thanks for the quick response. I will try that next contest. I am fairly new to contesting, you can verify it by my scores, but one thing I would like to see is a translation of the contest name ( maybe from the popular wa7bnm site) to the proper n3fjp module and even maybe another column that indicates what the contest indicator is. It is easy with a state qso party but when I hear WEA WES FOC I have no idea what contest they are talking about. I think this would help cut down on the questions of what contest software should I use. the best place to access it would be from the n3fjp home page.

Mel
NE9A

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Transfer of QSO from contest logs th
ACL vis API
Date: Thu, November 05, 2020 5:23 am
To: "N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io" <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io>

Hi Mel,

Thanks for your e-mail.  You'll find that FAQ here:

Enjoy!

73, Scott
N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io>
Sent: Wed, Nov 4, 2020 10:20 pm
Subject: Re: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Transfer of QSO from contest logs th ACL vis API

Mel NE9A

Bill Grover

Scott,

is there a way to know what fields from the contest software are transferred and the fields in the ACL they go into?

I have taken Other6 and use it to store which rig I used and Other7 which antenna used.  If I can't put this into the contest DB and transfer it via API is there a way to load a specific value in these fields?

Thanks
Bill, N3EYF 

Scott Davis

Hi Bill,

Thanks for your e-mail.  All fields containing values in the contest software are transferred to AC Log.

Enjoy!

73, Scott
N3FJP

To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Sent: Thu, Nov 5, 2020 12:37 pm

Scott,

is there a way to know what fields from the contest software are transferred and the fields in the ACL they go into?

I have taken Other6 and use it to store which rig I used and Other7 which antenna used.  If I can't put this into the contest DB and transfer it via API is there a way to load a specific value in these fields?

Thanks
Bill, N3EYF