Topics

Tab Key bounce ?

David Larrabee

I have noticed the tab key not populating contest entries from the history file consistently when tabbing from the call sign field.   It acts like key bounce in the keyboard however tabbing thru the rest of the fields and back to call sign results in a clean field population with out any sign of key bounce on the 2nd attempt.   I started seeing this on the CWT program a few weeks ago and it was evident on the SS earlier this month.   I don't see this on AC Log.

Is key bounce the issue?   Does the software handle 'stutter' better on the 2nd attempt in some situations?

/Dave K1BZ

Scott Davis

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your e-mail.  There have been no recent changes to the History file.  Both space bar and tab should work identically.  History file worked fine all weekend in SS here.

73, Scott
N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

-----Original Message-----
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Sent: Mon, Nov 23, 2020 10:47 am
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Tab Key bounce ?

I have noticed the tab key not populating contest entries from the history file consistently when tabbing from the call sign field.   It acts like key bounce in the keyboard however tabbing thru the rest of the fields and back to call sign results in a clean field population with out any sign of key bounce on the 2nd attempt.   I started seeing this on the CWT program a few weeks ago and it was evident on the SS earlier this month.   I don't see this on AC Log.

Is key bounce the issue?   Does the software handle 'stutter' better on the 2nd attempt in some situations?

/Dave K1BZ

Kenneth W. Campbell

Hi Dave,

Just a thought, have you tried another keyboard with your system? That reminds me of similar issues I used to see folks have when a key was going bad on their keyboards when I was a communications tech.
--
All the best,
Ken N6PCD

Ed Eklin <ed.eklin@...>

Too many emails of no interest to me.. I can't seem to get unsubscribed from this link.. someone please help the ole guy.. Many thanks in advance.. Ed K8ZZ

On Mon, Nov 23, 2020 at 10:37 AM David Larrabee via groups.io <dlarrabe=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

/Dave K1BZ

AI3KS

Ed,

Perhaps rather than unsubscribing and missing things that might be of interest to you, may I suggest changing your preferences to either the digest or the daily summary. Then you could choose which to peruse in more detail. That is how I have the majority of my groups set up.

Steve, AI3KS

On 20/11/24 09:51, Ed Eklin wrote:
Too many emails of no interest to me.. I can't seem to get unsubscribed from this link.. someone please help the ole guy.. Many thanks in advance.. Ed K8ZZ

On Mon, Nov 23, 2020 at 10:37 AM David Larrabee via groups.io <dlarrabe=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

/Dave K1BZ

Kevin Gray

Ed,

In addition to Steve’s reply (Good Idea) you can always “Scroll” all the way to the bottom of Every email and Unsubscribe .

Or if you find a topic that doesn’t interest you, from the same location (just above the other link) you can Mute this Topic

73  Kevin N9VPV

From: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io> On Behalf Of AI3KS
Sent: Tuesday, November 24, 2020 12:06 PM
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Subject: Re: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Tab Key bounce ?

Ed,

Perhaps rather than unsubscribing and missing things that might be of interest to you, may I suggest changing your preferences to either the digest or the daily summary. Then you could choose which to peruse in more detail. That is how I have the majority of my groups set up.

Steve, AI3KS

On 20/11/24 09:51, Ed Eklin wrote:

/Dave K1BZ