From: David Larrabee via groups.io <dlarrabe@...>
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Sent: Mon, Nov 23, 2020 10:47 am
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Tab Key bounce ?

I have noticed the tab key not populating contest entries from the history file consistently when tabbing from the call sign field.   It acts like key bounce in the keyboard however tabbing thru the rest of the fields and back to call sign results in a clean field population with out any sign of key bounce on the 2nd attempt.   I started seeing this on the CWT program a few weeks ago and it was evident on the SS earlier this month.   I don't see this on AC Log.

Is key bounce the issue?   Does the software handle 'stutter' better on the 2nd attempt in some situations?

/Dave K1BZ

Kenneth W. Campbell

Hi Dave,

 Just a thought, have you tried another keyboard with your system? That reminds me of similar issues I used to see folks have when a key was going bad on their keyboards when I was a communications tech.
--
All the best,
Ken N6PCD

Ed Eklin <ed.eklin@...>

On Mon, Nov 23, 2020 at 10:37 AM David Larrabee via groups.io <dlarrabe=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
I have noticed the tab key not populating contest entries from the history file consistently when tabbing from the call sign field.   It acts like key bounce in the keyboard however tabbing thru the rest of the fields and back to call sign results in a clean field population with out any sign of key bounce on the 2nd attempt.   I started seeing this on the CWT program a few weeks ago and it was evident on the SS earlier this month.   I don't see this on AC Log.

Is key bounce the issue?   Does the software handle 'stutter' better on the 2nd attempt in some situations?

/Dave K1BZ

AI3KS

Ed,

Perhaps rather than unsubscribing and missing things that might be of interest to you, may I suggest changing your preferences to either the digest or the daily summary. Then you could choose which to peruse in more detail. That is how I have the majority of my groups set up.

Steve, AI3KS

On 20/11/24 09:51, Ed Eklin wrote:
Too many emails of no interest to me.. I can't seem to get unsubscribed from this link.. someone please help the ole guy.. Many thanks in advance.. Ed K8ZZ

On Mon, Nov 23, 2020 at 10:37 AM David Larrabee via groups.io <dlarrabe=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
I have noticed the tab key not populating contest entries from the history file consistently when tabbing from the call sign field.   It acts like key bounce in the keyboard however tabbing thru the rest of the fields and back to call sign results in a clean field population with out any sign of key bounce on the 2nd attempt.   I started seeing this on the CWT program a few weeks ago and it was evident on the SS earlier this month.   I don't see this on AC Log.

Is key bounce the issue?   Does the software handle 'stutter' better on the 2nd attempt in some situations?

/Dave K1BZ

Kevin Gray

Ed,

In addition to Steve’s reply (Good Idea) you can always “Scroll” all the way to the bottom of Every email and Unsubscribe .

Or if you find a topic that doesn’t interest you, from the same location (just above the other link) you can Mute this Topic

73  Kevin N9VPV