Topics

Station in ACL wrong: gives computer name. How to change? #setup

Richard Ingels

I am going a little bonkers trying to figure out why ACL keeps giving my station name as my computer name. I can't find anywhere to change it. I am using WSJT-X and GridTracker, so I thought maybe one of those is logging it that way to ACL. I was hoping I could buld edit the entire column, but I guess it's one at a time.

thanks for any help
73
Rick
N5RRJ

Jim Shorney

Change the computer name to what you want. If you need to know how to do that use your favorite search engine to search for "change computer name in windows".

73

-Jim
NU0C

On Wed, 27 Jan 2021 19:08:30 -0800
"Richard Ingels" <ric@ingels.net> wrote:

I am going a little bonkers trying to figure out why ACL keeps giving my station name as my computer name. I can't find anywhere to change it. I am using WSJT-X and GridTracker, so I thought maybe one of those is logging it that way to ACL. I was hoping I could buld edit the entire column, but I guess it's one at a time.

thanks for any help
73
Rick
N5RRJ

K9PLX Chuck

Station name is not the same as call sign. It’s just the name of your confuser. I never pay attention to it.

-----
Early birds exist. We can't explain it, BUT THEY'RE REAL.

On Jan 27, 2021, at 21:21, Jim Shorney <jshorney@inebraska.com> wrote:

Change the computer name to what you want. If you need to know how to do that use your favorite search engine to search for "change computer name in windows".

73

-Jim
NU0C

On Wed, 27 Jan 2021 19:08:30 -0800
"Richard Ingels" <ric@ingels.net> wrote:

I am going a little bonkers trying to figure out why ACL keeps giving my station name as my computer name. I can't find anywhere to change it. I am using WSJT-X and GridTracker, so I thought maybe one of those is logging it that way to ACL. I was hoping I could buld edit the entire column, but I guess it's one at a time.

thanks for any help
73
Rick
N5RRJ

Scott Davis

Hi Rick,

Thanks for your e-mail.  Just click Settings > Network and edit your station name.  Lots more details are here:

http://n3fjp.com/help/networkinghelp.html

If you have any additional questions, I have lots of support for you on:

- Our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page:  http://www.n3fjp.com/faq.html  (the vast majority of commonly asked questions are answered right here).

- Our website help section:  http://www.n3fjp.com/help/index.html

- Our YouTube channel:  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLkxw9QX84F4tFyX8JavCOD3XVUS5Dsznw

And if you still have questions after reviewing all the resources above, please feel free to search the topics and / or e-mail us on our users support e-mail group:  https://groups.io/g/N3FJPSoftwareUsers

"Richard Ingels" <ric@...> wrote:

> I am going a little bonkers trying to figure out why ACL keeps giving my station name as my computer name. I can't find anywhere to change it. I am using WSJT-X and GridTracker, so I thought maybe one of those is logging it that way to ACL. I was hoping I could buld edit the entire column, but I guess it's one at a time.
>
> thanks for any help
> 73
> Rick
> N5RRJ

Richard Ingels

Thanks Scott! That did the trick and was very easy. I appreciate the fast help!

73
Rick
N5RRJ