Sent: Saturday, February 06, 2021 9:30
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] state QSO party -- pls add the abbreviated name of the counties?

This applies to every single state QSO party.    When working a  XX QSO party and of course on CW we do not send the full county name.  Can the 3 or 4 or 5 letter abbreviation be added to the full name of the county in the cty-rem field.   So for example, instead of just CARVER county,    the text should be CARVER-CVR (*or what ever the abbreviated county name happens to be).   They change the abbreviations from year to year and sometimes it's hard to determine what county to log.  Just worked a guy in the MN QP and he sent CRL but I have no idea what county that spells out... a list would be so handy.

thanks
Joe K7JOE

Kevin Gray

The contest sponsor usually has a list on the contest website.  Check there.

73 -- Larry -- W1DYJ

Sent: Saturday, February 06, 2021 9:30

This applies to every single state QSO party.    When working a  XX QSO party and of course on CW we do not send the full county name.  Can the 3 or 4 or 5 letter abbreviation be added to the full name of the county in the cty-rem field.   So for example, instead of just CARVER county,    the text should be CARVER-CVR (*or what ever the abbreviated county name happens to be).   They change the abbreviations from year to year and sometimes it's hard to determine what county to log.  Just worked a guy in the MN QP and he sent CRL but I have no idea what county that spells out... a list would be so handy.

thanks
Joe K7JOE

Ron Delpiere <kd9ipo@...>

Crystal something maybe?

On Feb 6, 2021, at 9:30 AM, Joe K7JOE via groups.io <k7joe@...> wrote:

This applies to every single state QSO party.    When working a  XX QSO party and of course on CW we do not send the full county name.  Can the 3 or 4 or 5 letter abbreviation be added to the full name of the county in the cty-rem field.   So for example, instead of just CARVER county,    the text should be CARVER-CVR (*or what ever the abbreviated county name happens to be).   They change the abbreviations from year to year and sometimes it's hard to determine what county to log.  Just worked a guy in the MN QP and he sent CRL but I have no idea what county that spells out... a list would be so handy.

thanks
Joe K7JOE

Scott Davis

Hi Joe,

Thanks for your e-mail. To see the county abbreviations, please select List from the menu options.

Be well and enjoy!

73, Kimberly, KA3SEQ

This applies to every single state QSO party.    When working a  XX QSO party and of course on CW we do not send the full county name.  Can the 3 or 4 or 5 letter abbreviation be added to the full name of the county in the cty-rem field.   So for example, instead of just CARVER county,    the text should be CARVER-CVR (*or what ever the abbreviated county name happens to be).   They change the abbreviations from year to year and sometimes it's hard to determine what county to log.  Just worked a guy in the MN QP and he sent CRL but I have no idea what county that spells out... a list would be so handy.

thanks
Joe K7JOE

K9PLX Chuck

CRL = Carlton. Each state QSO party has its own web site where you can find the list.
=====
¯\__/¯ Whatever.

On Sat, Feb 6, 2021 at 9:16 AM Scott Davis via groups.io <SNKDavis=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

Fred K2DFC

Something I really like about N3FJP contest logs. When we SPOT LAST qso it gives the contest name and county, or section. Unlike other contest logs which show nothing or give the mode. You can always tell who uses N3FJP logging software. (thumbs up)

Fred
K2DFC

David Latour

I type the abbreviation, I get the full name
--
David VE4DL

Fred K2DFC

Same here David. And if you type in the wrong abbreviation the program tells you so.

Fred
K2DFC

Walter Egenmaier

I am trying to check in to the VERMONT QSO Party, but your software won't let me open the log without putting in a required County. I put in my county and it doesn't accept it. What am I doing wrong?
Walt/WB4ZUT

Walter Egenmaier

Nevermind...I see what I did...d/l the wrong log. My bad

Kevin Gray

Walt,

Are you in Vermont ?

If not did you download the “Out of State” log ?

Or did you get the “IN State” log by mistake ?